67.- House Browsing

(A/N: I have an important thing to say at the end so please read the first part of the author's note 🙃)

Y/N's P.O.V:

I honestly thought I wouldn't step foot on King's Cross again until I had little wizard children. But there I was, escorting Harry, the Weasleys and Hermione towards the train with most of the order, even Sirius went, though Moody didn't agree. He went in his little doggo form, walking beside Harry. "This was a bad idea, Black. You could be spotted" Sirius growled lowly at Moody and kept on walking. I couldn't help but laugh. "He just loves listening. Doesn't he?" Moody grumbled again. What a fun little interaction.

We stood in between platforms 9 and 10, waiting for Moody's instructions. "Alright. L/N, you and Mister Potter here will go in together. Tonks, you take Miss Granger. Lupin, with Miss Weasley. Mister and Misses Weasley, any of your twins is fine. I'll go in with Ronald and Black" Ron gulped in fear, he wasn't exactly fond of Moody after last year's events, even though that wasn't Moody. I walked up to Harry and just then Sirius appeared by our side. "Black-" Another growl cut Moody off. "Fine" I chuckled as Sirius got comfortable on the trolley next to Hedwig. I gripped the trolley hard next to Harry, he gave me a small smile. "Alright we'll go in first! Then Tonks, L/N, Lupin, Misses Weasley and Mister Weasley. In that order" We nodded, agreeing with him. He nodded back and crossed with a terrified Ron. As if by clockwork Tonks and Hermione immediately positioned themselves and ran as well. "Ready, Harry?" He shrugged. "Let's do it" We positioned the trolley and ran straight for the wall, thankfully not crashing. That was one of my biggest fears back in my first year of Hogwarts. We stopped the trolley next to Tonks, Sirius hopping off of it. "You kids should hurry and get on the train. It's safer inside" They nodded and ran off to say their goodbyes. Harry immediately wrapped me in a hug which I returned. "I'll write letters" I chuckled, ruffling his black hair. "You better. Otherwise I'll have to have a little talk with Peeves" He laughed and pulled me even closer. "Keep me updated with the kitten society" I smirked. "Will do. Now go and say bye to your fluffy godfather" He chuckled and went over to have a chat with Sirius. I noticed the Malfoy's were staring at Harry from further on in the platform, I never liked them they have me the chills. And even less when Malfoy junior called me and Hermione mudbloods. I was so entranced trying to figure them out that I didn't notice the train had already left, Sirius running after it until he ran out of platform and was forced to come back to us. I sighed loudly. "Do you think they'll be alright?" Lupin sighed next to me. "We can only hope so" I nodded and followed after the rest of the group towards the exit. (A/N: Does anyone else have a designated writing playlist or am I just weird? 😂🙃)

A week later Oliver and I miraculously had a free schedule, and a few houses to check out. So we took advantage of it and went over. We agreed on meeting outside the first one, which was considerably far away from a muggle neighbourhood, but not far enough to the point where you couldn't spot the house. "Oliver!" His gaze switched from the battered house towards me. "Y/N!" He gave me a quick kiss on the temple, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "What do you think?" It was a two story home, with a few windows and an angled roof, like the ones you drew as a kid. (A/N: Who is Teo and why do they want to replace two? 😂) I shrugged. "A bit worn out, but nothing we can't fix" He nodded and another pop was heard next to us. A woman with light brown, silky hair and brown eyes came up to us. "Oliver Wood! It's been a while" He chuckled nervously, I had known him long enough to know that meant something was wrong with the person in front of us. "Evangeline! Hi!" She immediately went in for a hug, but saw his arm wrapped around me and stopped. "And who is this?" He gulped. "Oh right. Y/N, meet Evangeline. She's the daughter of a friend of my parent's who has been helping with finding houses" I nodded and extended my hand. "It's a pleasure. I don't believe I saw you around Hogwarts" She hesitantly shook my hand. "I used to go to Beauxbatons" I nodded and pulled my hand back. "And dear Ollie loves keeping his details" She patted his chest and he sighed. I would've bet a trillion pounds on the fact that he would say 'Don't call me that'. "Please, don't call me that" Nailed it. Evangeline just rolled her eyes and pulled Oliver a little closer to herself, it was obvious he was uncomfortable. "We were actually going to be betrothed. But his parents rambled on and on about true love and free will. Crazy innit?" I nodded and Oliver finally got free from her grasp. "Evangeline, this is Y/N. My girlfriend" Her eyes widened up to the point were I couldn't even see her eyelids. "Oh. So this house is-" Oliver nodded. "For both of us. We're moving in together" Her whole world seemed to crumble right there. My theory was that she had a crush on Oliver and asked her parents to tell Oliver's that they were to be engaged and married when they came of age, but when they rejected it her crush must've not faded. And now that they asked for her help she thought that maybe he was trying to get back in contact with her, but oh surprise I was there. "Can you show us the houses now?" She nodded, her face now blank. "Right. Yeah. Houses. Follow me".