47.- More Protection

Y/N's P.O.V:

Charlie didn't stop fuzzing about her 'perfectly planned date' for DAYS. She kept bragging about it to everyone she knew and talked to, and every time she did I just wanted to curl up in a ball and hide in the shadows. Good old shy me was slowly resurfacing. NEWT's were approaching even faster, and every free second of every day I spent either at the library or in bed just reading and memorizing every potion, spell, and charm that ever existed. Oliver didn't quite mind since he was back on a quidditch frenzy, with the Slytherin vs Gryffindor match coming once more, it was hard to even get him to talk about class without involving quidditch.

A few days before the match I decided to talk to Harry, Charlie said I needed a break from studying, but all my older friends were busy, so who better to talk to than the Harry Potter. As per usual he was talking with Ron and Hermione in the middle of the corridor, I was about to approach them when I saw a fourth year Slytherin pointing his wand at Harry. My instincts immediately shot out and I took out my wand as well, also pointing it at Harry. He muttered something and sparks came out of the top of his wand, flying towards Harry, once again my instincts kicked in and I quietly spoke. "Protego" The sparks bounced off my shield and went back to the owner, his fingers started swelling and he screamed, running out of the corridor while everyone pointed and laughed at him. I cheerfully slipped towards the trio.

"Hello boys, and Hermione" they jumped back slightly at the sound of my voice. "Y/N! Hi!" I chuckled. "You owe me one Potter" He looked at me skeptically (A/N: Why did my autocorrect want to write skephalo instead of skeptically?? I've only wrote that once 😂 well now twice 🤣) and I pointed to where the Slytherin was previously standing. "That guy was trying to hex you, so you're welcome" He chuckled. "Thanks. I wouldn't have been able to play without you" I shrugged. "I think that's the point. They can't exactly cheat during the match, so what better way than to hex you before the match. And Oliver would have a hard time replacing you, and that person wouldn't be nearly as good as you, so they would have much better chances" All three of them gasped at me as if I had started speaking troll. "Bloody hell L/N, you really did think of everything" I chuckled. "I over think sometimes. It is both a blessing and a curse" They laughed. "What can we do for you then?" I shrugged. "Well I was going to talk with you three, but I might just have to go and warn Oliver that Slytherins woke up and chose violence" They laughed and I waved at them as I started walking backwards to go and find Oliver, just a typical day in a witch's life.

I couldn't find him anywhere, so I assumed he must be in the Gryffindor common room, but I didn't exactly know the password so I had to go and find someone who did. And luckily enough I managed to find Angelina in the library, pulling her hair out while reading a book that must've been very stressful. "Angelina!" Her head snapped towards me as she gave me a pained smile. I quickly sat across her and stared at her blankly. "I need your-" She slammed the book and stood up, which earned a shush from Madam Pince. "No need to stay more" She grabbed onto my wrist and started dragging me away from the library. "What's the rush Angelina?" She shrugged. "I'm tired of studying. So tell me what can I do for you? The lengthier the task the better" I chuckled and retracted my hand from her grasp. "Have you seen Oliver?" She shook her head. "Not recently, but I know exactly where he is. He's in-" "Gryffindor tower. I assumed so" She smirked. "You need help to get in, don't you?" I nodded and she sighed. "I thought it was something hard" I chuckled and she started pulling me away again.

She pulled me alongside her until we were standing in front of the portrait of the fat lady. "Oh hello! I haven't seen you before!" I smiled awkwardly and shifted my weight between my feet. "Listen to this-" She opened her mouth to start singing but Angelina raised a hand and cut her off. "Caput Draconis" The portrait grumbled and opened. "Make sure to come by again so-" Angelina shut the door. "Never listen to her singing, it's horrible" I chuckled. "And don't tell her I said that" I chuckled again and looked around the room, still no Oliver. "He must be in his dorm it's that way" She pointed towards one side of the room I nodded. "Thanks" I started strolling up the stairs but then abruptly stopped and looked back at Angelina. "Angelina?" Her head snapped towards me. "Yes?" I sighed. "Be careful with the Slytherins. They're trying to bench all of you" She nodded looking towards the floor. "So that's why they tried hexing me earlier" I smirked. "Tried?" She smirked back. "I used a shield charm and the hex backfired" I chuckled. "You show them" She chuckled. "Go distract yourself boyfriend already" I chuckled again and started slowly walking up the stairs, Angelina scoffed and shooed me again, I laughed and started walking faster upstairs.