51.- Ready To Be An Auror?

Y/N's P.O.V:

My first week out of Hogwarts could only be described with one word... awful. I had already sent my application to be an auror, but I needed to pass the trials first so there went more studying, and this time I didn't have a study buddy, and my mom had absolutely no clue what was happening so my room became my best friend, well besides Apollo. (A/N: Ik we have established that Oliver's owl is named Bludger but with my writers power it's name is now Apollo😌) Since I finally told Oliver I loved him he was now sending love letters every day, hiding the lovey dovey part with humour which was greatly appreciated. Of course we hadn't gotten a chance to see each other since we were both looking into our careers, but all the letters compensated.

I heard a squawking noise and tapping on the window, I groaned and turned around. I didn't even know what time it was but it was certainly too early to be awake. I heard the door open and a sigh. "Y/N the owl is here again" I groaned. "Give it food and take the letter, it'll be fine" She sighed and I heard some shuffling and then felt the blanket being pulled off. "You're an adult with the wizards, act like it" I groaned again. "Will you let me go to parties and get drunk yet?" "No" I chuckled as the door shut, I was already awake so there was no point in trying to sleep again. I grabbed a small piece of bacon my mom had left on the window sill and opened the window so Apollo could enter. He happily flew inside and I fed him the bacon, taking the letter away. He was munching on the bacon as I sat down and read the letter.

Dear Y/N,
I hope you're doing well and everything with the ministry is working out.
I would be surprised if you didn't know by know but Percy also got a position there.

He isn't exactly wrong, Percy had been bragging about it all week, it would've been REALLY hard to miss.

Even though he went to the more technical part, I'm sure you would go insane with his position.

I'm sure I could manage but Oliver was right, at some point I would've gone insane.

I know you have the test to see if you'll make it, and I'm positive that you'll pass so try not to stress yourself with it.

He knows me so well, but that didn't stop me from beating myself up about it.

Now, to the actual purpose of the letter. As you most likely know the quidditch World Cup is coming up, and my parents and I managed to get tickets and we wanted to invite you along.
I await your answer,

That sounded so formal.

I know I'm so formal.

Again he knew me, so well.

Love you,
Oliver

I blushed a bit at the end but immediately brushed it off and went downstairs to the kitchen. "Sleeping Beauty awakes" I sighed. "Morning mum" (A/N: There! British spelling 😂 I'm gonna have to get used to that 🤣) She slid me a cup of coffee and I took a sip out of it as she sat across from me. "So, what was Oliver's letter about?" I shrugged. "The usual Percy gossip, he told me not to worry about the ministry, he invited me to the quidditch World Cup. But how am I supposed not to stress? This is my dream job!-" "What did you just say?" I innocently took another sip of my coffee. "This is my dream job" She shook her head. "Before that" "How am I supposed to not stress?" She shook her head and waved her hand aimlessly. "Before that" I racked my brain, searching for what I said. "Oh! That he invited me to the quidditch World Cup?" She nodded excitedly. "Exactly! What is that?" I sighed. "All the teams in the world come together and play against each other. This game would be the final" She nodded. "Will you accept his invitation?" I shrugged. "I don't know, by then I'll either have the job or be too depressed to do anything, so what's the point in going?" She sighed. "The point is spending one-on-one time with your boyfriend" I shrugged. "His parents will be there" She chuckled. "Knowing Elsie and Jacob Wood, you two will have more than enough time to be alone" I chuckled as she started serving breakfast. "So you better send a reply saying your going" I chuckled. "Just no babies" I spit out the coffee I was trying to finish. "Mum!" She laughed and pointed at my breakfast. "Eat up, you'll need it" I chuckled and began eating.