74.- Lesbian Charper Wedding

Y/N's P.O.V:

Turns out, moving forwards is easier said than done. But if you don't count the nightmares, the multiple existencial crisis and the more than enough crying sessions. I'd say I'm doing pretty good. (A/N: For all the shadowhunters fans: no matter how many times I see Malec arise, I always get way too excited 😂 I live for Magnus and Alec's relationship. The end)

But even if the darkest of times, there's always a sliver of hope. And in this case a sliver of fun. Charlie proposed to Harper, and she said yes. (A/N: Lesbian Charper wedding 🥳) When she first told me I screamed so loud I surely would've gotten a noise complaint if I lived in a flat. Charlie couldn't stop grinning as she spread the news, and considering both of our limited options of friends, I ended up being her one and only maid of honour. And what an honour. (A/N: Pun intended 🤪)

With the entire Baldymort situation, they collectively decided to have the wedding in only a few months. Which meant a whole lot of work for everyone, especially for the maids of honour. Add that to auror work and it was all just an extremely fun party, not being sarcastic of course. But with the weekend off, Charlie decided to go dress shopping. And so we did.

"Have you ever been wedding dress shopping before?" I shrugged, it was only Charlie and me standing outside the witches dress shop, not usually my cup of tea. "Once. My mother's coworker asked for her opinion and we both went. But that was muggle dress shopping, I highly doubt this will be the same" Charlie giggled, holding tightly onto my forearm. "You are correct my dearest Y/N" And so she pulled me along.

The store was what I expected but didn't at the same time. I expected stuff to be flying around and most things sewing themselves, though I didn't expect the store to only have one employee at the front desk. "Hello dears. Here to buy a dress?" The woman walked from behind the counter, waving her wand non stop, most likely controlling all the different stuff that was happening across the store. I would lie if I said I wasn't impressed. "Yes. I have an appointment under Charlie Matthews" The woman nodded and a clipboard flew over to her. At that point she must've been using wandless magic, it was physically impossible to control so many things at once with one single wand. Or was it? "Ah yes a wedding dress. For-oh dear that's not a lot of time" Charlie blushed in embarrassment, looking down at her feet as some scissors whizzed past my ear. "With everything happening. We didn't want to wait any longer. Just in case-" The woman placed a firm hand on Charlie's cheek, in an almost motherly way. "Don't worry dear. I get it. I'll get your dress whiffed up in a jiffy" And she strutted out of the room as if it was nothing, Charlie looked at me hesitantly and I just shrugged. "Come along dearies! We don't have all week!" And we walked after to where we heard the voice, it was definitely going to be a long day.

Fabric floated around us, sticking itself to different sections of the wall and then flying back towards the woman. Opposite to the door there was a mirror that covered the entire wall, and in the centre a slightly elevated circular platform. All kinds of supplies flying around. "Excuse me. I haven't got your name" You had to be careful those days, she might've been a death eater and we wouldn't have any clue. "Ah yes. I'm Mary. And are you the future wife to be or-" Charlie nearly laughed as I shook my head profusely. Don't get me wrong, Charlie was amazing and anyone would be lucky to marry her. But she was more of a sister than a romantic interest to me. "No no no. I have a boyfriend already. I'm just the maid of honour. Y/N" She smiled back. For some reason her smile reminded me of McGonnagall's. "Pleasure meeting you maid of honour Y/N. If that boyfriend of yours ever decides to propose" I chuckled, shifting my weight between both of my feet. Proposals and weddings were a touchy subject when it came to my relationship with Oliver. "I'll be sure to come here first" She nodded and ushered Charlie to step in the podium as a chair appeared behind me.