69.- Finally Home

(A/N: Tehe funny number 😈)

Y/N's P.O.V:

It was moving day. My mum cried for hours the night before, going full protective mode on me, asking if we had food, blankets, if the place was secure, if a robber could break in, if we were going to place protection spells, every question in the book, she asked. But in the end I knew she was happy for me. All my boxes were sitting next to the front door, and Charlie was supposed to come and help me if St. Mungo's treated her nicely and she didn't have to work all night again. (A/N: Maze runner flashbacks....the autocorrect changed Mungo's to Minho...) So I decided to just start on my own with a few boxes, what's the point in waiting if you can just do it yourself.

The house still wasn't completely fixed but we agreed to do that when we were already living in it. I unlocked the door and stepped in, levitating both boxes to the master bedroom. I sighed as I saw a few birds fly out of holes in between the windows, just another thing we needed to fix, how fun. "Y/N! Oh wow this is a really nice house" I chuckled and went to the entrance, were Charlie stood with three levitating boxes. "You like it Matthews?" She nodded excitedly. "This is really nice. You have taste-Wait what did you call me?" I laughed, grabbing two levitating boxes and putting them on the counter in the kitchen. It was always fun how much Charlie got thrown off when you used her last name, even in Hogwarts she was rarely called 'Matthews' "I thought it would take you less time to figure it out" She scoffed and levitated the rest of the boxes to the counter. (A/N: Me when I read any variation of levitating: 🎶 You want me I want you baby, my sugar boo, I'm levitating, the Milky Way, we're renegading, yeah yeah yeah yeah🎶) "I was distracted by your beautiful home" I chuckled. "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's go get the rest of the boxes" She quickly held onto my forearm, stopping me from walking further. "Actually. I already brought them all, there weren't that many. You have almost nothing, no offence of course" I rolled my eyes and walked out the door, sure enough the rest of the boxes were sitting outside the door. I shrugged and levitated them inside. "Well I'm sorry miss almighty pureblood" She scoffed. "Don't call me that" (A/N: Existencial question: Would Harry's kids count as purebloods or halfbloods? 'Cause Harry is a halfblood and Ginny is a pureblood so 🤔) "Sorry. But you're right, I really don't have much, we weren't the materialistic type of family" "And you are now?" I smirked as I put the last box down. "Nope!" She burst out laughing and I couldn't help but joining in. It felt like my first year moving into the dorms at Hogwarts, but way more fun and with more conversations, and way less of the judgmental stares. "Even if Oliver gets you a super expensive gift?" I nodded. "Even then. As a present I would much rather have the night off and sleep all day, thank you" She giggled and started searching through the box full of groceries that my mum so kindly packed, and also didn't let me leave if I didn't take them. "Speaking of lover boy. Where is he?" I shrugged. "Last I heard he was finishing up packing his bedroom with Dipsy's help. Don't know when he'll arrive though" She nodded and plucked out a few grapes from the box. (A/N: Fun trick I saw on Instagram that surely came from Tik tok: Green grapes with lime taste just like sour candy!) "Then lets make the most of it!"
She grabbed her wand and waved it around the kitchen. The floor fixed itself along with a few cracks here and there, then came a cloud of dust that engulfed the whole room making me cough. And when it dissipated, the kitchen was as good as new. I clapped and Charlie bowed with a smirk. "Neat trick" She nodded. "Where to next?"

After a few hours the house was left spotless and looked as if they had just finished building it, we even managed to install the TV and the phone, though Charlie didn't quite help with those two, she decided that she had worked too hard and ended up taking a two hour nap. Which left me alone in the kitchen with a shit ton of water. "G'morning" Charlie rubbed her eyes as she sat next to me. "Hello Sleeping Beauty" She immediately perked up. "I know her! And you think I'm beautiful!" I chuckled, passing her a glass of water. "Always did" (A/N: If you don't casually flirt with at least one of your friends. What are you doing in life?) "She was the one that pricked her finger and nearly died right?" I nodded. "Did they really not tell you any of these tales to you wizard children?" She shook her head. "Nope" "What was your bedtime story then?" She took a sip of her water and stayed quiet for a few moments. "I guess the Deathly Hallows is the closest thing to a fairytale" "But that story is grim as fuck" She nodded. "But that's what we heard" (A/N: When ur autocorrect wants to write fucketh instead of fuck 😂 We going fancy swearing mode here 😌) I shrugged and downed the rest of the water. "Do you want pizza?"