22.- Happy Birthday!!

(A/N: This is going to be a birthday chapter for Y/N, so I kinda don't know any of your birthdays so I'm just gonna base it off of mine. Enjoy 🙃)

Y/N's P.O.V:

A week had passed, I was still pretty shaken up with the message that appeared about the chamber of secrets and muggleborns (like me). The professors didn't want to answer what the chamber of secrets was, but I was determined to get answers.

Sitting in History of Magic, where I was the only one paying attention, I decided to  finally ask for answers. I raised my hand and Professor Binns gave me the word. "Professor I have a small question unrelated to the current subject" Binns's ghost turned around to face me. "Make it quick miss L/N" I shifted in my seat, with a serious expression. "What exactly is the chamber of secrets?" The class had suddenly woken up and started begging Professor Binns to explain as well. He annoyedly threw his book to his desk. "You are the second group that has asked me that question today!" My confident position didn't falter. "I'm sorry Professor but no one will gives us answers, and the unknown causes more fear" Professor Binns seemed to ponder the question as he paced around the room. "Alright! But at least pay attention to this talk" Murmurs of students agreeing rose, but then quieres down ready to hear Binn's story. (A/N: I don't know the exact speech but I'll try my best 😁) "As you all know there are 4 Hogwarts founders, Rowenna Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, Salazar Slytherin and Godric Gryffindor" (A/N: Sorry for my terrible spelling with founder names 🙃) Everyone was at the edge of their seats, even Alice who didn't seem to care about the subject earlier. "Salazar Slytherin disagreed with the fact that Hogwarts should allow muggleborns to study, and so he left" I shifted uncomfortably but still kept paying attention. "It is said that he made a chamber with a monster that has the power of getting rid of these abominations as he called them" I tensed up, when I really needed Oliver to comfort me we were in different classes. "But don't fret, there has been no evidence that this chamber even exists. Now back to the trolls. At first-" I zoned out the rest of the class, how was I supposed to focus if there was a blood thirsty monster after me? Luckily I had a good class to distract me afterwards, charms.

People usually used charms as a form to chat with their friends, and just pass lazily the class. I instead worked harder than ever in that class, doing as many spells as I could, and using the time to do homework too. But that day I couldn't focus on anything, my mind wandering back to Professor Binns's words. So instead I buried myself in Snape's potions assignment. "If you press that quill any harder you're going to break it" Oliver broke my concentration (for good), I didn't even realize how hard I was holding my quill out of stress, I loosened my grip and sighed. "Sorry" I muttered why focusing on the assignment again. "No need to apologize" I nodded and kept writing. "Miss L/N would you please demonstrate the blackboard writing spell"   I raised my wand not taking my eyes off the paper and waved it, the chalk rose and wrote the words: Blackboard writing spell=DONE. Quiet laughs arose as Flitwick nodded and I went back to writing my paper. "What's got you so tense L/N?" I shrugged as I rested my forehead against the edge of the table. "The chamber of secrets" He took my hand under the desk. "I told you I'd protect you" I shrugged letting go of his hand. "You can't become my Peter Pan shadow Wood" I finished writing the last sentence of the essay. "Who?" I laughed quietly as the bell rang signalling class was over. We all stood up and began walking out but Flitwick's voice cut through the noise. "L/N, a word please" . I tensed up but still approached Fliwtick. "Y-yes Professor Flitwick?" He smiled warmly, I had a feeling that had nothing to do with grades, that was personal. "No need to worry miss L/N. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday" With everything that was happening I really had forgotten about that. I was never a really big birthday person, and with all my worries my carelessness became even more noticeable. "Oh. T-thanks Professor" I turned to walk away. "Try and have some fun" I quickly turned to look at Flitwick. "Will do Professor" He chuckled and I walked out, forgetting my birthday once more.