Father's Day

(A/N: I'm low key enjoying writing in weird pov's (not the Ariana Grande song) so let's see how this one works out 🙃)

Zoe's P.O.V:

(A/N: Also SPOILER ALERT if you google the meaning of the name Zoe you might get an idea of why I named her that 😉)

Mummy had to leave for work suuuuper early in the morning and wouldn't come back until it was suuuper late at night, and it was Father's Day. I didn't want daddy to be sad, so I decided to make him a card with brooms and quaffles because he was a keeper at a quidditch team.

The smell of food woke me up, telling me to leave my bed and I listened to it, following the smell all the way to the kitchen were daddy was cooking. He saw me and smiled. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I nodded getting on a chair while I hugged Mister Fire (my green stuffed Hungarian dragon) tightly so he wouldn't fall. "What do you want to eat little pumpkin?" "Bacon!" He turned around with the look he usually gave me when he was trying to ask me questions or scold me, something in between. "You had bacon yesterday" I put my best puppy face while holding up Mister Fire so he could plead to daddy too. "Please?" We had a stare battle but in the end I won. "Just for today" I cheered, throwing Mister Fire in the air while laughing. "Daddy! Look! Mister Fire is flying!" He turned around as I kept throwing him in the air. And then suddenly, he didn't came back down, instead he flew around the kitchen. "Look! Daddy!" I heard him laugh behind me. "That's great Zoe! But call Mister Fire back down, bacon is ready" "BACON!" I ran back to my chair. "Mister Fire, bacon is ready!" Carefully Mister Fire flew back down into my lap, I petted him. "Good dragon".

Daddy served the bacon and I stared eating it. "Daddy?" "Yes?" "Do you think Mister Fire likes bacon?" He did that shoulder thing you do when you don't know something. "How about you ask?" I nodded and carried Mister Fire so we were face to face. "Mister Fire, do you like bacon?" I put Mister Fire down on my lap and looked at Daddy. "He said no. How can he not like bacon, daddy?" He did the shoulder thing again with a laugh. "Sometimes other people don't like the same things as we do" I petted Mister Fire again. "Do you think if I asked uncle Charlie for another dragon who does like bacon, Mister Dragon will like bacon too?" He smiled. "I'm not sure, Zoe. Is Mister Dragon stubborn?" I nodded very fast. "Mummy says he's as stubborn as you are, so that must be a loooot" He laughed. "You and your mother always have it out for me" I giggled, finishing the last piece of bacon. Daddy waved his wand and the plates started washing themselves. "I'm going to take you with your uncle Harry, I have some training to do" I poured. "Why?" He kneeled in front of me so we were face to face just like what happened with Mister Fire before. "Because, I have a big game coming up, and we want to win" I looked down at my feet, I wanted to spend time with Daddy. "Can't I come?" He was quiet. "Do you promise to stay in the stands and not move until I'm done?" I smiled and nodded with a bunch of happiness. "Yes!" He bit his lip, he does that when he's thinking. Mummy says I do that too. "Fine, go pack your bags" I cheered and ran to my room, careful not to drop Mister Fire in the hallway.

I put in my bag yellow and red glitter because those were Daddy's favourite colours. Some quidditch stickers I got for my birthday. Paper and the markers grandma got me for Christmas. I petted Mister Fire's scales so he looked nice and then ran back out to the door. "Ready!" Daddy chuckled and picked me up. "Hold on tight to Mister Fire, we don't want him to fall" I hugged Mister Fire even tighter and Daddy apparated us to the pitch.

He put me down and held my hand. We walked towards the room where Daddy got changed. "A bit of a bad time innit, Wood?" One of Daddy's teammates came over to us, he shook his hand while smiling doing what Mummy called a 'bro hug'. "Yeah it is, but oh well what can we do" The teammate leaned down and put his fist in front of him. "Wassup little Wood?" I giggled and fist-bumped him and did a boom noise that made me laugh. "Hi!" He smiled and stood back up, punching Daddy on the shoulder. "C'mon the rest of the team is already in the lockers" Daddy nodded and followed after him. "C'mon pumpkin" I hugged Mister Fire tighter and ran after Daddy.