83.- Air Strike Quidditch Version

Y/N's P.O.V:

(A/N: To be honest I've kind of lost motivation to write recently 😔 school, life, existence so I'm sorry and I never thought I'd ever do this consider how much it annoys me when authors do this so close to the end, but it appears that I'll be continuing the book 😔 ik very sad news for everyone especially the characters who have planned deaths in my head 😔 also please read the authors note at the bottom thanks, I promise it's important)

"Alright listen up!" All the chatter coming from the nervous students shut up at Oliver's call, he always held that sort of sense of authority. It was hot. "One group comes with me the other with Y/N. From what McGonnagall told me you are all some bloody good players, and this may be the biggest match you'll play, even if it doesn't include a quaffle" Everyone seemed invested in his speech, heck, even I was invested in his speech. Hard not to when he was practically born for the role of quidditch captain, or air strike captain. "Mind if we join in the fun?" Angelina and Katie suddenly sneaked up behind us, both grabbing a broom from the pile of brooms on the floor. "Get into teams. Y/N's will be covering the back while mine will cover the front" Did Oliver try and side-bench me while also trying to include me? Yes. Was I going to take that? Not at all. "More like he goes left I go right" The students were already getting into two teams, but Oliver still pulled me aside to stand next to window.

Outside I could see professor Fliwick muttering some spells as a glowing dome grew around the castle, what I call the protection bubble. "Y/N, you need to stay back, it's dangerous-" "I know! I've known since day one that this would be dangerous. But I'm not about to be a damsel in distress and just act like I'm helping while I'm just doing nothing" He sighed and ran his hands through his hair, looking across the great hall. There were little groups scattered here and there, the order and older students helping the young ones with defence and offence spells. If you didn't think of their impending doom and/or death, it was actually kind of nice that they were all helping each other. "Think of it this way, If something happens we'll be closer to each other" He ran his other hand through his hair. The protection bubble had been done and stone sentinels now stood outside the main entrance, no doubt another spell that caused them to stand and have a purpose in life aside from standing there and looking stoney. (A/N: Hehehehe "stoney"😂 There's a dude with that name isn't there? 🤔) "I hate you sometimes" I smirked, knowing I had won the argument. "You know you love me" Oliver sighed and wrapped his arms around me, leaning his head on top of mine. "I do. And I'm fucking terrified that I'll lose you in this war" I hadn't thought about losing him, as soon as I did I knew I was going to never stop worrying so I simply just blocked it out of my mind, of course  he would have to remind me of that. But how do you deal with future trauma? Make fun of it. "Then I guess we'll just have to win" He let go of me and just stared at me for the longest time, I'd like to think it was awkward. But considering it might've been our last moments together, I wasn't complaining. "I love you" "Love you more" He quickly kissed my cheek before pulling me along and back towards the group.

I ended up getting the smaller group of the lot with Angelina as well. Suddenly Lupin burst through the doors, silencing the room and grabbing the attention of everyone. "It's time" The war had begun, both on land and in the skies. Only one side would come out victorious, and if it wasn't mine. The wedding is off.

We flew out towards the courtyard, spells crashing against the protection bubble that was slowly growing weaker, I thought we'd have the upper hand with the amount of magical talent we had behind us, but Baldymort's army went out beyond the hill, it was ginormous. Not to mention it wasn't only composed of wizards, that sure was going to be fun. "Y/N, take the left, we'll take the right. There's less of you and more of us" I scoffed, the bubble nearly collapsing. "No offence, Oliver. But that's a shit plan" My amazingly family friendly language gained a few chuckles from the students behind me, and a glare from the man I was engaged to. "Well, what's your suggestion then ex-captain of the Ravenclaw team?" I smirked, gripping the broom tighter, the protection bubble just about gone. "You guys stay here. We'll go up" I could tell Oliver wanted to argue about it, but the protection bubble had gone down, and there was no time to argue. He was forced to follow my plan.