18.- Birthday Boy

Y/N's P.O.V:

Weeks passed, with my mom nearly killing Apollo every morning. Her boss didn't give her lots of time off (even though her daughter she didn't see all year was in town), but I was grateful for all the time we had spent together. Apparently my mom had planned another dinner with Oliver's parents, it was good because we could see each other, bad because my mom would freak out at their house. With all of them being wizards their house is a little, magical? The point is just the idea of going is nerve racking, but what could I do, I get no say in any of it until I'm 18 (even though wizards are considered adults at 17).

And when the day finally came, it took my mom all her power to drag me out of bed. "I don't get why I got to shower, we already met them might as well show them my true lazy self" She scoffed finally letting go of my arm. "Because they are your boyfriend's parents" I groaned and placed a pillow over my head. "Not my boyfriend" I felt her sit down at the edge of my bed. "But you still want to impress them" I shot up about to protest but she lifted a finger silencing me. "Don't argue, I birthed you so I know you better than yourself" I scoffed and laughed quietly as she stood up. "Now you may go a bit more casual but there's no bloody way I'm taking you in your pijamas" I groaned. "Fine!" She nodded and straightened herself. "I'll see you downstairs in 15 minutes. Love you!" She left the room just as I called out. "Love you too!" I looked through my wardrobe for something I would normally wear and put it on, running downstairs as soon as I fixed my hair. I saw a plate full of bacon and eggs, I immediately chowed down on it. "So how are we leaving?" My mom sat across me waiting for me to finish up. "I mean don't they live in Scotland. It's not like we can afford to go there" My mom tensed up, money was a touchy subject with us, I immediately regretted my words. And as soon as she tensed up she composed herself. "They mentioned something about side-along apparition" My eyes widened in fear. "Bloody hell" My mom stood up and placed her hands on her hips. "What? Have you done it before?" I shook my head and went to place my plate in the sink. "Not really, but I've heard that it's not an enjoyable experience" She scoffed. "Nonsense" And then a loud crack was heard behind us, we both jumped back in fear. "Hello M/N, Y/N" I took a deep breath steadying myself. "H-hi" Elise looked way more cheerful than normal. "Are you two ready?" I grabbed the neatly wrapped present and nodded. My mom grabbed onto Elise's arm while I grabbed onto Jacob's. "Hello Mr Wood" "Y/N we've been over this, please call me Jacob" I nodded. "Right, sorry" He nodded and looked over at his wife. "Everyone ready?" We all nodded and they waved their wands. The feeling was HORRIBLE to say the least, my stomach did flips on itself while my head felt like it was expanding and contracting at the same time. When my feet finally touched the ground I felt like I had just been on the worst rollercoaster ever. I looked over to my mom, she somehow looked normal? "Well, that wasn't  as bad was it Y/N?" I tried replying but as soon as I opened my mouth I had the urge to puke. And to make it even better Oliver came running over. "Mrs L/N, so glad you could make it" My mom waved her hand. "Please call me M/N" He nodded and then looked at me. "Y/n are you okay?" I shook my head and placed my hand over my mouth to prevent me from puking on him. "Trash can?" I nodded and he looked at his dad who waved his wand and a trash can came flying forward, as soon as I could grab it I puked inside it, and there went my breakfast. When I looked up I noticed Oliver handing me a napkin, I gladly took it and wiped my mouth and that's when I noticed the rest of the room. About 20 people and all of them staring at me, I flushed red as Jacob cleared the vomit. "Oliver how about you show Y/N around?" I blushed even harder as Oliver took my hand and guided my away from everyone.

We stopped at a corridor a few ways down and I finally handed him his present. "Happy Birthday" He grabbed the present and kissed my cheek quickly, my face turning red again. "Thanks. And you sure know how to make an entrance" I laughed weakly. "Sorry about that" He laughed weakly as he took my hand and guided me through more corridors. "Don't be, it's perfectly normal" I scoffed. "Not for wizarding families" He sighed. "Well we have been side along apparitiating since we could walk-" "You're not helping to the case of not punching you Oliver" He smirked and I raised an eyebrow. "What?" He shook his head. "You never call me Oliver" I scoffed. "I've called you Oliver before" "Once"I rolled my eyes playfully. "Well, I figured if I called you Wood at least ten people would answer" He nodded. "Touché" I gripped his hand tighter. "About that tour?" He smirked. "This way m'lady".