44.- Not again...

Y/N's P.O.V:

Another week, with more quidditch practice. My teammates insisted we scheduled more practices, since Oliver was also practicing more and most of my friends were on his team, I didn't exactly mind. Charlie showed up to virtually every practice, she was still depressed but slowly getting better.

During one of the practices I accidentally fell off my broom so I was yet again at the hospital wing. "Miss L/N. I'm starting to believe you enjoy getting hurt" I chuckled as I sat down on a bed. "I'm just accident prone" Madam Pomfrey rolled her eyes and stood cross armed in front of me. "Now, what happened this time?" I chuckled and pointed at my foot. She moved it a bit and I winced. She sighed. "Broken...again. Did you fall off the broom?" I nodded and chuckled. "You know me so well" She sighed and muttered a spell, fixing my ankle. I winced again and she went over for a bandage. "Please do try and be more careful miss L/N" I nodded. "I'll try" She finished wrapping my foot and I stood up. "You know the rules L/N" I sighed and nodded. "No unnecessary pressure on the foot, no riding the broom and come back tomorrow to get the bandages removed" She nodded. "See you tomorrow miss L/N" I nodded. "Goodbye Madam Pomfrey" She sighed and went back to whatever she was doing.

I walked out and saw Oliver running towards me. He immediately went to hug me, throwing me slightly off balance. "Wood you saw me at breakfast. It hasn't been that long" He pulled away and started inspecting me. "I heard that you got hurt" I chuckled and rolled my eyes. "I just fell off the broom, it's not a big deal" "Well-" I couldn't take any more of his rant so I just cupped his cheeks and kissed him, pulling away quickly. "I'm fine. My heart is still beating. I'm still breathing. And I can still talk so, I'll be alright" He nodded slowly, leaning his forehead against mine. "I was just worried" I sighed. "You've been awfully protective these days" He chuckled pulling me closer. "Well around this time last year you got petrified. I'm allowed to be worried" We both laughed. "That led to us dating. So you shouldn't be complaining mister" We laughed again. "Besides I can take care of myself" He nodded and pecked my lips. "I know" He sighed. "I forgot. I need to go revise strategies with Angelina" I chuckled. "Wood. Don't lie" He sighed and shook his head. "Fine. I made Angelina promise that she would revise strategies with me"
I chuckled, and pulled away from his embrace. "Go" He nodded, regretfully letting go of my hand, or that's what I expected. "I'll see you later?" I nodded and he ran off once again. I decided to go back to the common room and sneak in even more studying, after all I had nothing better to do.

(A/N: Dun dun Dun dun Dun dun More time skips and Quidditch weeeeeee 🤣)

After the encounter I didn't see Oliver as much, we were both too immersed in our work and duties as captains. And the team was kind of pulling me away from him since they thought I would tell him our plans for the upcoming game, but I obviously wasn't, they still didn't believe me. It was more likely that he accidentally spit out his plans to me (out of excitement of course), but as always the team didn't believe me. So they organized an escort (without my consent) that followed me from a far everywhere. It was annoying but all is fair in love and quidditch. (A/N: hehehe more references 😈😂) They somehow even got Charlie on board with their crazy plan, so when the boys couldn't follow me they had Charlie do it (Cho wasn't exactly fond of the plan). Again pretty annoying but what could I do? Besides it wasn't as if I had been talking with Oliver a lot, he went on a Quidditch frenzy, which meant he only thought, talked and breathed quidditch.

After days of the same routine the match arrived once more. I woke up late so I had to rush to the great hall while simultaneously brushing my hair with my fingers. I sat across Charlie with a sigh and she handed me a plate full of food. "You, Charlie Matthews, are an angel" She giggled and smirked. "I know" We both laughed and I started cramming food into my mouth. I noticed a big crowd around the Gryffindor table. I poked Charlie and pointed at the ruckus. "What's all that about?" She shrugged. "You want to check it out?" I downed the remainder of my coffee and nodded. We stood up and went over to the ball of students clamouring around the Gryffindor table.