80.- Losing Minds

Y/N's P.O.V:

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. Hours turned into days. Days turned into months. And all I saw was still the same four walls, roof and floor.

Being who I was (aka a member of the order and a muggleborn) I wasn't exactly accepted in society anymore, and as much as it didn't appear so, I really did value my life. So I was forced to stay inside of the house, I couldn't even pick up the newspaper that never seemed to find its way inside the house.

At first I could wander around the house, it was boring I won't lie, but either way I could play catch with myself or watch tv. Even stuff myself with crisps of different flavours (A/N: Crisps is potato chips in british right? Because chips is French fries 🤔 idk I'm Canadian not british 😂) but then that stupid little flyer came in. Apparently the ministry did keep track of the registered muggleborns, especially the ones who worked with them. So it shouldn't have been a surprise that my name was under the most wanted list to go in for questioning about blood status and allegiance with a rebel group. Gotta say, they really did not pick my best angle for the most wanted picture, they could've at least made me look good if they were going to plaster my face all over the newspapers.

Either way, Oliver got paranoid that the neighbours would rat me out, which fairly enough I could see them doing that. His solution was closing the curtains all day, but the whole point of me staying inside the house was not to seem suspicious, and nothing says normal more than keeping the sunlight from your house. So I came up with a plan B, our bedroom didn't have a window looking out outside, unless someone was crazy enough to climb to the roof and look through the glass pane we had installed there so I could differentiate between morning and night as to not have a fucked up sleep schedule.

And so I ended up in only our bedroom for around two months, since Oliver left for work super early in the morning until he came back around nine pm where closing the curtains finally seemed reasonable. On the bright side I got to sleep a whole deal, I'm pretty sure I caught up on all the sleep I had lost since I was a baby. I also got to make friends with lots of dust clouds I would create when I got bored. I even peed my entire body mass in that time, my body could not handle the amount of water I drank to substitute the snacks I used to eat throughout the day. Of course Oliver left me with breakfast, lunch and dinner, but he didn't quite grasp the concept of how much I ate. So to substitute all those snacks, there was water, and what happens when you digest water? You pee. That toilet became my new best friend.

All I had known for two months was the right wall, the left wall, the back wall, the wall with the door, the ceiling and the floor. I'm quite impressed by the fact I didn't lose my mind in there. Though the multiple imaginary friends I created during that time seemed to disagree. Even my patronus seemed to talk back at me when I casted it for fun, I couldn't exactly send it out into the world because it would cause suspicion, but it was fun to cast.

"Y/N? Have you died yet?" I blew at the patronus I had cast, it vanished into a puff of white smoke. "Yes. I'm now a ghost like Professor Binns, and if I'm still alive. Please kill me already" The lock clicked as Oliver swung the door open, but the floor seemed more interesting at the time. It had these little wood patterns....that I had already seen a thousand times. "And if I told you I got pumpkin pasties?" I immediately stood up, smiling like an excited toddler. "I have resurrected all of a sudden! Give me the food" Oliver chuckled and passed me the bag, it smelled like pure bliss and happiness. Just what I needed. "Is there a point in asking what you did today?" I shook my head, giving him a quick peck that left him covered in pasty crumbles. "Nothing I haven't done before. How was practice?" He shrugged, flopping down on the floor next to me, arms and legs spread out like a starfish. If I accioed a starfish would I kill it? Can I even accio a starfish? "Earth to Y/n" I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts, who would've known thoughts could be so powerful. "Sorry" He chuckled and kissed a little above my shoulder. "You're really losing it" I scoffed, wiping the last of the crumbs of the pasty on his sleeve. It's his fault he didn't bring me a napkin. "Try being locked in the same room for two months straight with no way to get out" He backed off with that. (A/N: I have come to a conclusion....I will kill two characters in front of Y/N and traumatized her for life 😃 Awww it's gonna be so much fun ☺️)