Sarina (Chapter 1)

May...

I could see the light of the sun shinning through my eyelids, the usual reddish-orange color we're all familiar with.

I sighed knowing I had to open my eyes at some point. Once I do, it will trigger the official start of my day, though keeping it close won't make time stop.

I wish it did.

"Can't time go back to last night so I can sleep more", I groaned.

I finally opened my eyes.

Time to get ready for school. I literally slid out of bed onto the floor like a lazy seal. I have a severe case of senioritis, for sure I'm not the only one though. Just two more weeks left of school, I have to make it until graduation and then I'm a free woman.

After a few minutes of procrastinating, I finally got up off my rug. I had my two weeks worth of clothes picked out for the remaining days. Lazy clothes of course, comfy, baggy and unattractive, that'a my motto. Many of the girls still try to attract the boys at school but not this girl. I never had a boyfriend anyway and never kissed. At this point I don't care, I just want to be done with school.

I deserve a trophy. I avoided all high school romantic drama. I mean, who wants to deal with that. Relationships are so overrated.

"Sarina, hurry up, you're going to be late. Eat some breakfast", my mom shouted from downstairs.

I hurried down the stairs, not to hurry up to school but to eat. I sure do love me a good breakfast.

"Breaking news, Greenwaters Police Department's Captain Bells is starting off the press conference regarding the latest and largest drug bust the city has ever seen. Now we are switching to the live stream of the conference."

"Mom. It's the last days of school. No one cares about being late, not even the office people. I think they're closed."

I sat down at the counter, placing pancakes and bacon on my plate and then started eating.

"You have two weeks left to be exact. The office isn't closed and I care about you being late. The bus cares too, if you're late I'll have to take you to school."

"Then I'll be late", I joked with a shrug.

My mom gave me a look but she knew I was playing around.

"Good morning everyone. Getting straight to the point, after going off a hot lead for almost a year, we finally uncovered one of the leading drug organizations in Greenwaters. As we all know crime rates throughout Illinois has been a problem, not just in Greenwaters. While we would like to have more progress in decreasing crime rates dramatically, this drug bust has made a big dint in this city alone. The Greenwaters Police Department is motivated to aggressively crack down on any criminal activity. We see this day as a victory for Greenwaters."