Josh (Chapter 53)🔞

🔞*Warning! This chapter may be triggering for some readers. The topic of rape is mentioned as well as violence and suicide*🔞

Enjoy!

This feels like college all over again. Bookwork and paperwork, I hate it with a passion. We've been at it for a week now, connecting pieces of what went down at the mall. We had to collect every name of members from Cosen as well as victims. The victims' cases were handled separately and families were compensated for the loss of loved ones and those in the hospital. It was Tyler who covered everything of course, he said it was the least he could do. Miles had a lot of work cut out for him. He's been doing interrogations back to back so we can get through Cosen's men as quickly as possible before they decide to "forget" anything. Remmy spent her time talking to families. She is the best at dealing with angry families, they quickly soften up to her. I get why they are angry, I would be too as police are viewed to be the ones who protect citizens. I just wished people would see how hard it is for us. Of course we want to save everyone but unfortunately, that's impossible.

As for Tyler, he's been busy with meetings from the police departments who teamed up with us during that tragedy as well as other agencies and the military. As much as I hate paperwork like I said before, I took it on in a serious manner. I organized whatever information Tyler gathered, connecting it to already existing information to see if there was something we missed. There were other officers who were also assigned to do the same thing, each had their own assignments to do such as go over statements from victims, bystanders, Cosen's men, officers and others who were involved. I receive the most important pieces of information from all groups and then I analyzed them to see if we can uncover something that would get us closer to finding Cosen and ending them.

"Oh my God, my brain", I complained as I slumped over the desk.

"Take a break then", Tyler said as his eyes were still glued to the screen.

"You know your eyes will go bad from looking at the screen so much. I don't see how you don't have to at least wear reading glasses but I do."

"Life is just unfair", he said.

Yes, it's the one thing that I keep a secret, well kind of. For me, glasses are not my style, it makes me feel lame and I don't want the girls to not like me, even though that's nearly impossible to do. I just wear it to work. I do need them when I go places where I have to read but I just rather struggle than wear them.

I let out a long loud sigh as I sat back up.

"Can I go home, I can't take this anymore", I complained.

"Fine by me but that means you come in early tomorrow", Tyler said.

"Oh my God, you're like the worst boss in history", I said.

"I can cut your pay from leaving early", he warned.

"You're not that type of boss."

"I know but I can send in a write-up."