Tyler (Chapter 72)

"So I was thinking, you know Valentine's Day is next month, we could do a double date thing. What do you think?"

"No."

Josh leaned over my desk, I didn't pay him any attention as my eyes were glued to my computer screen.

"Seriously? I'm giving up my precious alone time with Amy to spend with my best friend. I know you'll be all awkward with Sarina so it makes sense for Amy and I to be there."

"I never said I was going to do that."

He raised his eyebrow.

"Oh, so you are planning something with Sarina, hm?"

I looked at him.

"Josh, right now we don't even know that's going to happen. We still have a lot of work when it comes to this case."

He let out a sigh.

"I know, I know but we need a break. I mean look, we had Christmas and New Year. It was awesome! You agree, you were making out with Sarina after the countdown."

"We weren't...making out."

"Stop lying. She was on your lap, arms wrapped around your shoulders, and your hands were hovering over her butt. She has a nice ass, I don't know why you didn't just go for it. Anyway, you two were kissing for at least a whole minute."

"So, what about it?"

"I know she's not innocent anymore so you two should, you know...not hold back."

"I'm not going to get into our business. Now go take these papers to the front desk. They just need to be organized."

He grabbed the papers.

"Fine. I'll go do my job boss."

He turned around and left. That'll keep him busy for a little while.

Thanks to Andy we now know that the warden of the prison is doing business with Cosen. With that information, I found out who he keeps close ties to, which were governors, mayors, and some local officers. Obviously, I need to see if they are involved with Cosen but that won't be an easy task. There is one person on the list who I could start with, luckily I know him personally.

"Tyler? Are you busy?"

I looked up.

"No, you can come in Sarina. I need a break anyway."

She closed the door behind herself.

"Good, I brought lunch", she said as she lift the bag cheerfully. 

She came over and set the food on my desk.

"I hope you aren't working too hard."

"You know that's impossible."