Tyler (Chapter 77)🔞

🔞Warning! This chapter involves a serious car accident and blood that may be a trigger for some.🔞

Enjoy~

Before my eyes I watched my best friend fall and there wasn't anything I could do to save him. After what seemed like an eternity, I finally heard his car crash onto the street below. I stood there for a moment, frozen. My brain was trying to process what had just happened. I forced myself to my radio, calling out his name.

"Josh? Josh answer me."

Nothing.

"Josh!"

Silence.

My heart was racing out of fear. He needs help. I quickly spoke to any nearby officers, requesting emergency personnel to his aid. I started to head down myself but my eyes caught the guy who did this to him.

My blood was boiling. I turned my car off and stepped out. My hand took hold of my gun as I walked toward his car. I knew he had a chance to run me over but I didn't care.

I aimed my gun directly at him, he wasn't fazed by it.

I fired. Direct hit at his front windshield. I kept on firing, even while he was coming right at me. I didn't move out the way. The windshield finally gave in, shattering on him. The car came closer and closer. Once my gun went empty, I calmly reloaded and fired more rounds. He had a choice, either to hit me or to move out of the way. With only a few feet quickly closing in, the car swerved around me. Eye contact only broke when he passed me. I quickly turned around to keep firing until my gun went empty.

I didn't get him.

That wasn't my goal but it would have been a bonus. My goal was to let him and Cosen know, I'm not afraid. They now know who they messed with.

If you hurt my family, I will come after you.

My mind snapped back to reality.

"Josh!"

I ran back to my car, reversing all the way back to the exit ramp. I sped up until I spotted Josh's car. There was a bit of smoke. Once it cleared I could see the car landed in the worst possible position, upside down. It looked like a soda can. The top was completely smashed in. I froze. There's no way someone could survive that.

I wasn't scared of Cosen but this in front of me was terrifying.

I willed myself to move. I jumped out of the car, running to Josh's side, calling out to him but of course he didn't answer. I moved over to the passenger side. It wasn't as smashed in as badly as the driver's side. I could see him. The window was broken so I crawled in on my stomach toward him. He was still in his seatbelt. I reached for my knife to cut him out and then I carefully dragged him out the window. Glass was cutting me all over but that didn't stop me. The physical pain I was feeling was no match for how I would feel if he wasn't okay.