Tyler (Chapter 8)

I woke up the next morning, the sun was shining on my face because my blinds were open

I woke up the next morning, the sun was shining on my face because my blinds were open. I quickly sat up.

I didn't open those!

"Relax Tyler, I opened them."

It was Rachel. I don't know what time it is or what happened after the party. Everything was a fog. I quickly realized that I made a big mistake sitting up too soon. My head started pounding following a sudden wave of nausea.

I haven't felt like this after drinking since...maybe when I was in college. I went overboard.

"Um...if you're going to barf, please do so in the bathroom. I do not clean that stuff up", she said.

"I'll be fine", I said in a groggy voice.

"Sure. After you've sorted yourself out, come down for breakfast. I'll get that started and see how everyone else is doing", she said.

I nodded, unable to talk since...I knew I wasn't going to be fine.

An hour later and a more empty stomach, I finally headed downstairs. The shower I took helped a little with the hangover but what I really needed was to sleep in. I could do that later, right now I need to eat and Rachel said she will have breakfast started. I could smell what she was cooking.

"Looks like you rose from the dead", she said.

"I feel like it."

She giggled.

"Sit down and eat. I'll handle Josh and the girls."

I noticed she was wearing one of my shirts. Not that I cared since I'm sure it's one I never wore. She wasn't planning on staying over and needed a change of clothes so I don't mind. I'm thankful for her to be doing this in the first place.

Slowly everyone started getting up to have breakfast. Josh was the last one, not even budging. He's definitely wasted.

We let him be until he started waking up on his own. When I was done I went over to the couch to see he was sleeping on the floor.

He started to stir in his sleep and then he opened his eyes. His arm quickly came over his face.

"Ah! It's bright, close the window!"

"You're in the living room, I have no blinds to close."

He groaned as he rolled over. The blanket over him started to slip off, reveling he had nothing on.

Oh geeze!

"Guys...don't get too loud...please...my head is killing me", he said.

It wasn't even loud, everyone was talking amongst themselves. I get what he's feeling though, everything sounds amplified. It will be gone once he gets some food in him.

"Come on, get up."

I moved down to help him up. I also quickly caught the blanket, saving myself from a terrible sight.