Sarina (Chapter 42)

With sirens blazing and the outside world a blur,  we sped towards the hospital

With sirens blazing and the outside world a blur,  we sped towards the hospital. All I could think about was Javi. When I heard those words that he was hurt, my heart sank. It only got worse when they said he was in critical condition.

"Don't worry girls, we're almost there", Remmy said.

Grace and I sat in the back seats, holding hands and we prayed silently for him.

This doesn't seem real. This was my worst fear.

I knew what he did was dangerous but for it to happen now, so early on, I wasn't ready for it. I don't think I could have ever been ready.

"We're here", Remmy said.

As soon as the car stopped Grace and I jumped out the car, running into the hospital with Remmy close behind us.

We all ran to the front desk.

"Javier Hernandez...he was sent here...", I quickly said.

The nurse looked him up.

"Can we see him", Grace asked.

"Yes, is he okay", I asked.

The nurse looked at us.

"He's in surgery right now. I'm afraid you won't be able to see him for a while."

"How is his condition", Remmy asked.

"Internal bleeding. He had to have an emergency operation, I can't tell you how long that will be, I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Thank you. Come on girls, let's sit down", Remmy said.

With her arms on our shoulders, she walked us over to the waiting area to sit.

"Internal bleeding, that's like...really bad...right", Grace said.

"I heard it was a stab wound to the abdomen. It makes sense for there to be internal bleeding. An organ could have been punctured, a vein cut, it's a serious injury", she explained.

"Oh my gosh", Grace said.

"Don't worry. Even though I don't know him that well, I can tell he is a fighter. Modern medicine is the best it's ever been and he's young. He'll pull through", Remmy said.

"I know but...it's so hard to hear all of this and think positively", I said sadly.

"We just have to be strong for him", Grace said.

"Right now you two need some food", Remmy said.

"I'll come with you. I need to do something to clear my head", Grace said.

"We'll be right back Sarina", Remmy said.

"Okay."

I sat in the waiting room alone, but not for long.