Andy (Chapter 31)

September...

The temperature is starting to change already. Maybe we'll get an early fall, it's windy too and the leaves are changing. Time passes by fast, it's already the first of September. Although time passes quickly, my life stays the same. Nothing's changed, only what's in me, my memories. They are coming back piece by piece. When I think back on it, the little boy was me and I was with family, well my mom. I still can't get a good picture of her but maybe it will clear up. I just wish I knew how, all I know is that my memories come back to me through certain experiences. The last one I had was with Grace when she hugged me. I haven't seen her since, I shouldn't meet with her ever again. I can't have close relationships with anyone, I don't trust anyone here. They've killed innocent people too, Grace doesn't deserve that.

"Andy."

My eyes shifted over to where Isaac stood.

"You're late."

I had permission to be outside for a bit today.

"I lost track of time", I said.

I stood up from the bench.

"I'm not your servant, I don't fetch people", he said.

"I didn't mean to bother you like this, I'm sorry."

"Get moving, we have a meeting in a few minutes."

When we got back, it looks like everyone was here. Quinn came over, throwing his arms around my shoulders from behind. It definitely isn't the same feeling as Grace.

"We were getting worried you ran away or something. I'd hate to bring your remains back here."

"Enough Quinn", Daniel warned.

"What, it's possible", Quinn said.

"The boss is here", Mikal said.

Quinn let go of me, standing up straight.

Our boss walked over to his desk to take a seat.

"I have some plans I need to discuss with you all, a big operation that will be a benefit to all of us. The most important thing to work on right now is my image. I feel like it's best I became one with the community and to do so, I have a company in mind I would like to run. It'll be the ideal cover for our organization. AS a CEO who is generous about giving to charity, no one would think anything bad of me. Our organization could spread overseas, bring in more money than we ever had before."

"It's a solid plan, how will we get it done", Daniel asked.

"It will be a long and messy process. Luckily we have many corrupt individuals to use in our favor."

"Sounds like I'll be pretty busy", Quinn said. "I don't like witnesses or anyone risking our cover."

"I can get them easily with what they desire most, women", Mikal said.