Josh (Chapter 26)

August...

"As you all know, we got a tip on Cosen by one of the local gangs. They said they will be having a meeting here at this abandoned building. It's to go over details about a major drug sale with one of the sub-bosses who is head of the drug sales distribution of the crime organization. So far we don't know what he looks like or what his name is. We believe others might be with him including Quinn. The plan is to get officers to surround the area, covering all streets leading in and exiting that location. I want us to get them this time no matter what. Last time we weren't prepared but this time we are.", Tyler said.

"Anyone has any questions", I asked.

Looks like no one does.

"Good. Head out to your assigned positions", Tyler said.

"Miles, Remmy", I called over.

"What's the plan for us", Remmy asked.

"We and another four-man team will be surrounding the building, once we get the signal we move in at once, surrounding the people inside. There's a risk they might take those inside as hostages but..."

"They're just gang members anyway", I said.

"Josh", Remmy scorned.

"What, it's the truth."

"Look, if we can save them, great, if not, we cut our losses because Cosen is a much more dangerous threat to everyone. We don't have time to make negotiations with them", Tyler said.

"A small sacrifice to save many", Miles said.

"That's the plan. Let's move out", Tyler said.

I drove us to the location while Miles drove with Remmy.

"We are trusting a gang member to give us the signal, what if he sets us up", I said.

"That's the risk we take. We're lucky to get this tip in the first place. All gangs in the area are in deep trouble, that's why they are turning to us for help. We've arrested a lot of them, our local jail is going to burst, so to help with that we can't put them all behind bars. We had to make a deal with them to help us in order to protect them. I say it's a fair deal."

"This guy better not screw with us, he better not look to me to save him if he has a gun pressed against his head."

"Like I said, if we don't save them, there's nothing we can do about it. We don't know how big the Cosen operation is. We don't even know where they're operating from. Shutting it down is our number one priority", Tyler said.

"Right."

We arrived at the location, parking a distance away so as not to be seen. I saw our officers had already blocked areas off.

Tyler and I got out of the car.

"We need to work quickly. Without a doubt they're onto us", he said.