Andy (Chapter 75)

I was just informed by the boss about some major changes. We are to relocate to Illinois immediately. Since I'm here with Quinn, I've been looking at locations for where to set up our new base. The boss told me we do not have to remain unseen any longer. Our name is becoming more popular underground within the criminal and corrupt world. Everything is still in secret but those who are spreading word of us are the ones you would least likely expect.

High-ranking military personnel, police officers of higher ranking, local officials, bankers, investors, CEOs, the list goes on and on. Like the boss said he will control these people by giving them what they desire. It's too bad there are so many corrupt people in power. It wasn't hard for them to fall for us. Illinois was the perfect place, it didn't take long for the boss to gain so much power here.

"So, did you find a place yet? I hate living out of my suitcase", Quinn complained.

"You haven't been living out of your suitcase. You've been buying brand new outfits", I said as my eyes scanned over the properties once more before I made my decision.

"Same thing. I miss being stable. Make sure I have a big room too, I also need to have a bathroom to myself. A nice walk-in closet is a must."

I ignored what he said.

I decided on a huge mansion in Greenwaters. I'm sure the boss wants to be as close to officer Hanson and his team as possible.

"Okay, I found the place. What's the account so I can wire over the money?"

"Let me take care of that. I don't want to be screwed over."

"Why does it matter, there's lots of money."

He got quiet for a moment.

"No one screws with me, okay? If I work hard for the money, every penny is mine. Anyone who plays around with me is dead. Do you want that to happen?"

"No."

"Good. Well, your work is done."

I stood up.

"I'm going out", I said in a slightly annoyed tone.

"Nah uh."

"What?"

He finally stood up from the couch.

"Since we are here, the boss doesn't want you wandering about. He's worried you might get in trouble. We are in police territory now."

"I'll be fine", I said as I headed towards the door.

His hand came to my chest quickly to stop me.

"The answer is no", he said in a serious tone.

It made me look at him. His expression matched his tone.

"What is this really about? I know you don't care about my safety."