[Name] (Chapter 21)

Technology keeps on getting smaller and smaller. You drop one piece and that's it. I bet my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. I've been hunched over, squinting at these tiny pieces for hours. It's not a big deal to alter but I hate doing the physical work sometimes.

I sat up straight, taking a break. My bones cracked as I stretched. It felt good.

I removed the magnifying glasses I was wearing, placing them down on the counter.

"Are you done with those yet?"

I turned my head.

"No."

Isaac stood at the door entrance with his arms folded.

"He wants to see you", he said.

I stood up.

"When you get back, all that needs to be done."

"I know."

I walked passed him.

It's always dark in here, especially where I live, my room. It's hard to get some natural light when you're underground, well impossible. When I can, I spend as much time as possible when I'm able to outside. I get in trouble all the time from being away for too long but it's always worth it.

I stepped inside the elevator alone. It took me to ground level, where the boss lives.

I continue walking after I left the elevator and through the large French doors where his office was.

He had company, the usual, his underbosses.

"Ah, son, come over."

"Yes sir."

I pulled my hoodie down as I approached him.

"He looks tired these days", Mikal said.

Mikal, one of the underbosses, in charge of the sex trafficking rings. While he doesn't operate them, he's in charge of the places who run them. Nothing passes without him knowing and late payments to him is not an option.

"Things have changed lately. Faster than what we would like", Daniel said.

Daniel, another one of the underbosses, he's in charge of drug trafficking. He's usually quiet but very intimidating. I tried to avoid him as much as possible in person.

"You know those cameras aren't needed right away", the boss said.

I looked down.

"I just felt like getting them done."

"Did Isaac tell you to finish them all?"

I stayed quiet.

I didn't have to look up to know he was angry. I heard him click the call button.

"Isaac, get up here now!"

"Sir, it's okay. I—"

"I can't afford to have you sleeping when we need you most. Not right now when we got them hot on our tail."

"Yeah, because of a certain someone", Mikal said.

I looked over to see who they were talking about. He leaned against one of the pillars in the room.

"I was shopping, what's wrong with that."

Quinn, if someone needs to be taken out, he doesn't hesitate. I don't think hesitation exist in his blood. While Daniel is intimidating, it's hard to read Quinn, he's a different kind of fear. He's narcissistic and a sociopath. The worst combinations a person can have. My job allowed me see what he could do. Even though it's through cameras, it's unsettling watching him work.