Andy (Chapter 28)

I think I looked at every inch of this screwdriver as I waited

I think I looked at every inch of this screwdriver as I waited. I haven't left my room since we got Quinn back, more like I wasn't allowed to leave. Isaac hasn't come over in a while either. While I don't mind, it's unusual as he's supposed to check up on me. I don't know what's going on out there. It's not the first time I've been left out of meetings. I'm just the get away guy, the hacker, the one who cleans up the mess. My opinion doesn't matter, it never has. I'm not to talk unless spoken to.

Suddenly, I heard someone knock at my door. They didn't say anything.

I placed my screwdriver on the bed and then walked over to answer.

"Quinn."

"Getting lonely in here", he asked.

"No."

"Such a liar aren't you?"

"What do you want?"

He folded his arms, leaning on the door frame.

"I came here to pay you back after you saved me. You could have given me a heads up about that stuff that made me pass out. What was that about? How did you make all that happen from here? Greenwaters is pretty far away."

"You talk to much. I knew you could ruin things for us if you got caught, we can't take chances."

He let out a laugh.

"Funny but true. I was talking up a storm. That officer sure was nice, and fashionable too. I've got to ask him where he gets his ties next time I see him."

"Why are you here?"

He didn't like that I said that.

His hand came up to my face to pat it lightly, I sharply turned my face from his hand.

"The boss sent me here. He said it's time to get you into some action, but we can't save you. Time to finally learn how to use a gun properly. Come on."

He turned to walk, I followed.

We had our own shooting range down here. It made sense for what we do. Quinn was the proper instructor for it since he's a pro. No one is like him, who wants to be? I've been here before a long time ago, I hated it. I didn't like shooting and I don't want to learn it again. I refused to kill someone when I had a chance. I knew I couldn't run away from it forever.

"Okay, since you did something for me, I'll let you use my favorite gun. I let no one touch this you know so consider yourself special", he said.

"Sure."

"Remember how to use one?"

"No."

He let out a sigh as he rolled his eyes.

I felt his presence behind me. He came close enough to place my hands correctly on the gun instead of just telling me.

To describe Quinn, he's definitely the affectionate type. He's not shy about it and he doesn't care who he has to get close to. He knows he has good looks, he uses it to his advantage by charming people in order to get his way or to get them to trust him enough so he can kill them.