Javier (Chapter 45)

Two weeks later

Two weeks later...

I'm glad to be back where I'm supposed to be. I didn't like all that downtime but I knew it was important. I left the hospital a week ago and I told my sergeant I wanted to go back to training. My body became weak while I was recovering. He refused to let me push myself but I didn't listen. I was punished a few times and took advantage of that to get stronger. He knew what he was doing the entire time. I just wanted to show him that I was okay and ready to get back into action.

My family has no idea what happened to me, it's better it remained that way because they would freak out. I would understand because anyone would worry about their family member, I just hate to worry people. I want to continue helping and protecting those I love and citizens no matter what happens to me, I will always bounce back.

I planned on going back to Texas for my training but they thought it was best I stayed in town, just in case they needed me. There is a small base here, not for official training but they modified it just for me while I'm in town. Sergeant Vincent even came down when he had time to help me train.

As much as I want to focus on getting better, I can't help but wonder if Andy told me anything after he stabbed me. I feel like he did but for the life of me, I can't remember. It could have been something really important or maybe even a clue to let us know what side he's on. I just feel so frustrated.

After lifting weights, I decided to take a run, I really needed to cool my head. Maybe if I'm relaxed enough, that piece of my memory will come back. It's been over two weeks though, if I didn't remember it by now, for sure it won't come to me ever.

"Ugh!"

I picked up the pace, my anger gave me more energy to run faster.

I was so motivated to keep running that I failed to pay attention to where I was going. I felt my body smack into someone.

She fell down.

"Sorry, I should have been paying attention", I said as I offered to help her up.

She refused my help and got up on her own.

"Are you blind or something, geez", she said as she dusted herself off. "Who are you anyway, state your rank."

"Who are you to ask me that?"

"You really are blind, aren't you?"

She stood up straight and that's when I saw it. She was a sergeant, just like Vincent. I respect anyone who ranks above me but I really hated her attitude. I ignored that and stood up straight, saluting her.

"I'm Javier Hernandez, Airmen."

"That's more like it, don't run into me again or else—"

"Or else what Ashley?"

It was sergeant Vincent.

"This newbie here ran into me."

"I'm sure it was an accident", he said.