Josh (Chapter 20)

"It looks like we have a pretty good plan guys, I'm guessing well meet back here before we put into action captain?"

Captain Bells stood up and nodded.

"Yes, for now everyone continue on with your work. You will be updated with important information, keep an ear out for it, meeting is dismissed", he said.

Everyone stood up, I watched as they all filed out and then I then turned to the captain after as soon as we were alone.

"Look cap, about Tyler, he—"

He held up his hand to stop me.

"I've been around for a long time, I've seen my share of things, especially being an officer. You two forget that, don't you?"

"Uh...I guess so sir..."

"I know what he's experiencing. It's too early for him to be working like this after what happened but knowing Tyler, he's stubborn. He won't sit quietly. Just make sure to watch over him. You two are some of my best officers. I need you all at your best."

"Yes, of course sir."

He gave me a pat on the shoulder.

"Say, want to join me at the barber later?"

"Huh? But cap, you're uh..."

He rubbed his head.

"Bald, yes. The appointment would have been for you."

He let out a warm laugh. Cap has been trying forever to get me to cut my hair. I've come up with every excuse in the book not to get it cut. It's too important to me as it keeps the ladies coming.

"Good one", I said with a nervous chuckle.

"See you soon son."

I nodded at him and then he turned to leave. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I usually don't take Tyler's place when it comes to something as important as this. No wonder why he's been stressed lately. I got stressed out just by reading his notes.

"I should go check on him", I said to myself.

Since he didn't come back, it must mean he isn't doing too good. Just like the cap said, it's too early for him to be working after what happened. Most officers would take off for a while after experiencing something as traumatic as that. Not Tyler.

Once I entered his office, I saw an unfamiliar sight.

"Sarina?"

She looked up at me from Tyler's seat she was occupying.

"Hi", she whispered.

I looked over to see Tyler was knocked out, sleeping on his stomach.

"What's the deal with him", I asked in a quiet voice.