Sarina (Chapter 69)🎄

It's Christmas! Well, there are about five minutes left before it's over. Everyone's asleep now at my house. I finally managed to sneak out and catch a taxi where Tyler is hosting the party. The real host is Josh, Tyler just paid for everything against his will.

Why did it have to be far away? I'm not going to make it in five minutes. It's going to take at least 30. With the snow finally settling, it might take longer since the streets haven't been plowed yet.

I slumped in my seat, feeling sad I missed Christmas with everyone, especially with Tyler. He understands and he told me not to stress about if I would be able to come over or not. He wanted me to spend time with my family.

I couldn't let this day end without seeing him. Ever since he got out of the hospital, he's been busy with this case. With Quinn in prison, things have gotten much busier, in a good way. I'm glad they have a good lead and things are finally looking up for the police department.

Close to an hour since I left home the taxi driver pulled up to the house. Fancy of course.

He turned to tell me the fee.

"That'll be $205.25."

"Uh...o-okay...hold on for just a moment."

What! I calculated about $50 less! Did they up their fee but not change it on their site?

"I got it."

We both looked towards the passenger side window.

It was Tyler of course. He was waiting for me all this time.

Idiot.

I smiled when he looked at me.

The driver went his way after he was paid. Tyler walked me towards the door.

"You know I wanted to surprise you", I said with a pout.

"I had a feeling you were struggling financially."

"Are you calling me poor?"

"More like not financially stable."

I gave him a light shove.

He chuckled.

He placed his hand on my lower back to guide me inside.

"Wow! You outdid yourself again."

"I didn't pick it out. Masen really wanted to and Josh helped as well. I have to say he did a pretty good job", he said as he looked around.

"Yes he did. Everyone is asleep now huh?"

"Yeah. It's two in the morning. Josh knocked out drunk of course."

"No surprise there."

Tyler showed me around the house some more and then we came back to the living room where a huge and beautifully decorated tree stood.