Sarina (Chapter 24)

I was just applying the last finishing touches to my makeup. After watching a bunch of beauty tutorials, I settled on a look that was easy for me to do since I'm no pro. I really wish Grace were here, she would have me looking like whole different woman.

I sighed.

"That's as good as it's gonna get", I said to myself.

After I was done with my makeup, I started putting my earrings in. That's when I heard my doorbell ring.

I carefully rushed downstairs, praying I don't trip on my dress. There's no way I could pay Tyler back. I'll be working for the rest of my life if I tried.

When I opened the door, it wasn't the person I was expecting.

"Josh?"

"Hey beautiful. Don't worry, Tyler didn't ditch you, work just called so he won't be able to pick you up. He should be on his way so we should arrive around the same time."

"Okay, I understand."

He took my hand, carefully leading me to the car as well as helping me inside.

I saw he had someone else, a pretty girl.

"Hello, I'm Emily, Josh's date."

"Nice to meet you, I-I'm Sarina...if he didn't say my name already."

She giggled.

"Nope he said it alright."

Josh got in the car and took off.

"Are you making fun of me Emily?"

"Of course not. I was just saying you were talking about her earlier."

"Good things I hope", I said.

"Of course. Is it true Tyler's turning you down? I don't see why."

"Huh? O-Oh no...Josh...what were you telling her", I scorned him.

"You're the first girl he's been around in a long time besides Remmy who's married and is like a guy to us. I just figured he...you know...liked you or something."

"Oh no way! We just keep bumping into each other, that's all."

Emily clapped her hands together excitedly.

"That's too cute! Like a true love story."

I sat back in my seat, folding my arms.

"Yeah, no love story here."

We arrived at the Greenwaters Police Department ball. The place that was hosting it was a pretty fancy hotel. I've only ever seen it from the outside.

"Alright ladies. Ready to go inside", Josh asked.