Javier (Chapter 35)

October...

I've been training all day every day learning everything I can to prepare for this case. After over a month, I'm not quite where I want to be just yet but I'm better than before. I learned how to operate the basics of various aircraft and I learned the latest codes and operating systems of pretty much every type of technology out there. Hacking is what I excelled at, getting around different firewalls and all sorts of protection undetected.

Finally, after all my hard work, I've been called in for duty, I'm going back home and will work with the Greenwaters police department. I haven't been told anything yet, for confidential reasons of course, but I will be informed once I arrive. As for Cosen, there were no attempts to my safety by them. It would be hard since I was at base, at least they have some common sense. I also heard that everyone back at home is safe, no issues there either, I'm glad.

I can't wait to see everyone again but right now I'm ready to work.

A few hours later I arrived back in Illinois and then caught a taxi back to Greenwaters. An apartment downtown was already set up for me. After the taxi dropped me off, I made my way inside and got myself settled. I was told I could head right over to the police department after I arrived. I quickly freshened up and then changed into my other clean uniform before heading out. I was told they had a car for me, I already had the keys which were placed in the apartment.

I pulled up into a parking spot at the station and then headed on inside where I was guided to Tyler's office.

The officer knocked on the door before allowing me inside.

"Javier is here sir", he said.

Tyler looked up from what he was doing.

"Please come in."

He stood up as I approached him, shaking my hand before I took a seat on the opposite side of his desk.

"I'm glad you could make it so quickly", he said.

"Of course. I'm ready to do whatever you assign."

"Good. I hope you have some fun today, he said.

"Huh? Sir...what do you mean by fun?"

"I heard you've been training non-stop. You need a break."

"No, that's okay. I'm fine, I'm ready to work."

"It's an order", he said in a slightly commanding tone.

I knew better than to argue against authority.

"Plus, I'm sure she'll be upset if you kept her waiting."

"Her?"

"Javi!"

I turned around to that familiar voice.

"Sarina?"

I stood up as she ran over to me, hugging me tightly. I didn't respond since I was confused as to what was going on.

"You're going to go enjoy yourself for a bit. Later on, there will be dinner, make sure you're not late", he said.

"Uh...yes sir..."

"Come on Javi", Sarina said as she tugged me away.

Once we were outside I had to stop her for a moment.

"Sarina, what's going on?"

"I know you had your mind set to work but Tyler just thought that it would be nice for the two of us to spend some time together since we haven't seen each other in a while. With you being a soldier and all, he feels that I'm in good hands."