Sarina (Chapter 73)

The following day I went over to Josh's place for a visit, maybe I might bump into Tyler.

I didn't sleep well all over that stupid argument yesterday between him and Javi. Even though things have been resolved, I guess it's the woman in me to still be a little bit upset about it.

Maybe just starting a new day is what I needed.

As soon as I arrived at his door I knocked.

"Oh hey Sarina, come in."

"Thanks."

"Looking for Tyler?"

"Yeah, I didn't want to bother his phone so I figured I stop by just to see."

"He never came back last night, he stayed at the office doing the usual."

"That's okay, I'm not surprised."

"Have a seat. You don't need to go anywhere, right?"

"No, I have nothing planned."

"Good. Want something to drink? I got coffee and oh...Amy picked up some of that tea you like, she loves it now too."

"Great. I'll have that."

Josh came over to hand me the bottle of tea and then took a seat.

"Is it your day off", I asked.

"Sort of. Just standing by I guess."

" Well, that's not too bad. Hopefully, nothing comes up."

"Not when it has to do with Cosen."

"How have things been with the case? If you can't tell me I completely understand."

He let out a sigh.

"I'm not supposed to tell you, Tyler is but since you two haven't talked last night or this morning, I figure he is avoiding it."

"Avoiding what? Is it something serious", I asked with concern.

"Well...to get straight to the point...yesterday he bumped into Quinn, who is dating his ex."

"WHAT?!"

"Exactly my response. He wanted to investigate further into the connections between the warden of the prison and Quinn's escape. It landed him to find out his ex's father, who is the mayor, is doing business with Cosen. They have the mayor in their hands. This put his ex, well Cloe, in a bad spot. If her father messes up or refuses anything, Quinn will not hesitate to kill her and her father. So Tyler's plan is to go out with her in order to side with her father. The mayor was very eager to help Tyler with his parent's company. Whatever that means, he needs to find out more. Cloe is on board with the plan but she still doesn't know anything about you for safety reasons. Tyler is loyal to you, he is also very protective. He didn't tell anyone else about you two, for a good reason now that all of this came about. I guess he felt a bit nervous telling you, especially after what happened yesterday."

"He has nothing to worry about, this is part of the job. He should know I would be okay with this. I trust him 100%."

"It's just how he is. He's new when it comes to being in a relationship right now, he's just afraid of losing you."

"Well, thanks for telling me everything Josh. Is he going at this alone?"

"Sounds like it. He told me not to tell the others. There's nothing we can do. I know there is more he didn't tell me but I trust he will make the right call."

"Maybe it was best for me not to know after all. Now I will just worry about him."

"Don't. I've known him long enough to know if he's in big trouble. He wouldn't take on too much for him to handle...unless it involves Andy."

"Yeah..."

Suddenly, Josh's phone started ringing. 

"It's Tyler", he said as he picked up.

"Yeah...okay, be there in a bit."

"Gotta go", I asked. 

"Yep and you miss should go home too. I don't want you to be alone here and I know you have to keep up the act with your family to make sure you aren't a rebellious child in their eyes."

I laughed. 

"It's terrible they still view me as a child."

"My mom still does to me, that's how parents are."

Josh went to his room and quickly got dressed. He came back, messily tying his hair back. 

"Don't worry yourself about this, okay? If Tyler doesn't want to talk about things that you are worried about you can always come to me."

"Yes, thanks, Josh."

"Be careful on your way back. Sounds like to me things are about to get way more dangerous."

"Yeah", I said in a worried tone. 

I never was a person interested in politics. I guess I was just too naive, fully trusting that the mayor was a good guy who really cared for his people. With him turning to Cosen, maybe other members of the city have done the same thing. What does this mean for Greenwaters? Is it too dangerous to live here now?