Grace (Chapter 32)

It was nighttime on my way back home. The flight wasn't full surprisingly, I prefer it that way. The soft hum of the plan kept me calm as I was a nervous mess once I left Andy. He was so brave, protecting me in the face of a gun. I've never been in that type of danger in my life besides when that kid came with a gun on our campus. If he can do that for me, I can do this for him.

When I finally made it back to Greenwaters, I had to contact Sarina right away. I left my cellphone in New York, probably for the best since they could easily make Andy track me if they wanted. Now I have to figure out how to reach her. It's not like payphones are popular anymore and even if I wanted to use one, I don't have any change, only a card. So, I started asking around. It wasn't too hard, guys do anything for a girl.

Once I got a phone, I called her.

"Hello, who's this", she answered.

"Sarina, it's me Grace."

"Grace? Why are you calling by this number?"

"I'll explain when I see you, I just got back to Greenwaters, where can I meet you?"

"Grace, are you okay? Are you in trouble?"

"It's not safe to say over the phone. Just tell me where to go."

"Meet me at the burger joint downtown. I'll talk to you then."

"Okay. See you."

I caught a taxi, lucky these days are modern, they have card machines. I made it to the meet-up place where I saw Sarina and a guy standing next to her.

"Grace", she said and then gave me a big hug.

She looked worried.

"You look okay, what's going on?"

"I-"

I looked behind her at the guy, I've seen him before.

"Tyler...is it?"

"Yes", he said.

"You're a cop, right? Like not one of those crooked ones..."

"Of course he isn't Grace!"

"Good, because I have a message, from Cosen."

He raised his eyebrows.

"We can't talk here, let's go", he said.

We went inside Hanson Entertainment headquarters. The building was empty of course since it was still night, it was just the guards here making their rounds. We went all the way up to the office area where I was surprised to see a mini apartment here as well.

"What is all this", I said.

"That's not important Grace, what about Cosen", Sarina asked.

"Oh yeah."