Josh (Chapter 67)

I couldn't celebrate just yet. We still had to clear out all the students. The three of us still had our guns pointed at Cosen's men.

"I know you all think we're outnumbered. I highly suggest you don't move while the kids clear out. I can have officers in here before you pull the trigger. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. Your boss Quinn has just been arrested", I said.

"What?! There's no way!"

"Are you seriously surprised? We were arrested before, he's the dumbest high-class criminal I ever met", I said.

"This time, let's keep him in confinement", Miles said.

"Far away from our police station", Remmy said.

"I agree."

Additional officers came in to take over, apprehending the rest of Cosen's men. I stayed to oversee everything on this end as Tyler was busy wherever he is.

"Hey, Josh, where are you?"

"Javier? I'm in the cafeteria, we are taking away the rest of these assholes, what's up?"

"We need you over here, it's Tyler. We don't know what to do."

"Where are you?"

"In the hall by the entrance of the school."

I raced over. Once I turned the corner I saw Tyler, crouched down on the floor. I rushed over to him.

"Hey, hey...what's wrong? You freak'n out like usual or what?"

I looked him over to make sure he wasn't injured.

"He just suddenly stopped talking and started shaking really bad and was having a hard time breathing, just like his panic attacks", Sarina said.

"Can you talk to me? Can you relax and get through this?"

"I...I don't know...maybe. I-I...just need to...calm down a bit."

He started to stand up. I kept a grip on him to keep him steady.

"Okay. Just take it easy. Breath nice and slow."

He still was trembling pretty bad. I wonder what happened.

He closed his eyes to control his breathing.

"Hey Masen, take his gun right quick, just don't want any accidents", I said as I reached over to hand Tyler's gun to him.

Suddenly his started swaying. I quickly reached back out to hold him.

"Shit!"

His body went limp as he had passed out, leaving me to support all his weight.

"Tyler", Masen shouted.

I carefully placed him down on the floor and then called for help.

"I need paramedics now! Officer down!"

"W-What's happening", Masen said frantically.

I looked him over again. He's still breathing, I checked his pulse, still working.

"I'm...I'm not sure...", I said.

Of course I was worried. He never passed out before. I have no clue what's going on. He had no obvious injuries, I hope I didn't miss anything.

The paramedics arrived quickly and took him away, I had Sarina go with him. Masen stayed with me to go with the next paramedic that arrives so he can get checked out.

"What happened to you? Are you okay", I asked him when I noticed his arm.

"It's nothing, just a graze. That guy...Quinn, he missed."

"Seriously, he missed?"

That got a small smile out of him.

"Yeah, I got him in the shoulder though."

"No way!"

"Yeah, I can't believe I did that. I was never the best at handling a gun but...I don't know, I just went all protective mode. I knew I had to protect Sarina. I'm glad I did."

"You did great. You're pretty much a man now."

"Really?"

"I'd say so. Some guys these days are weak, they wouldn't do a thing for a woman. You should feel proud."

He smiled brighter but then frowned.

"Tyler...is he..."

"He's going to be fine. He didn't look like he got shot or anything, maybe just too much stress."

"Wow, I didn't know that was possible."

"Too much of it can get ugly so I can see it being a possibility."

"I hope he'll be okay."

"He will be, don't worry. They'll give him some oxygen or something, I don't know. Right now, I'm sure Tyler would want you to take care of yourself."

He looked down at his arm.

"Oh, yeah, maybe I should get that checked out."

"You don't say?"

He chuckled.

I wrapped my arm around his neck, pulling him to my side.

"Hey, knock it off! You said I'm a man now."

"So, you don't see how I treat Tyler? I can do whatever I want to you, I'm your uncle after all."

"This is child abuse", he complained.

I laughed.

I'm glad this little shit is okay as well as everyone else. For once, this is a win for the Greenwaters Police Department.