Josh (Chapter 44)

I finally have a day off after that whole operation went down. It wasn't scheduled, it's more like Tyler forced me to take a day off. He knew I wasn't being myself. He needs a break way more than any of us but no one can tell him what to do. He and Sarina made themselves home at my house that night. As far as I know, I'm on no one's hit list or anything so it's the best place for them to stay. We haven't been talking too much, just about work-related things. I know both of us are still blaming ourselves for Javier's situation. Even though I went to go see him, it's still hard to not blame myself. It just takes a while. I've had partners before who've gotten hurt but nothing like this, especially him being so young.

Tonight, I need to get my mind off things, I want to go do my usual which is to spend time at the club with the girls. Usually, I bring them over to my house for some more fun but I have guests now.

"Josh! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever", Emmy called out.

"I'm a busy working man. I have to make good money to pay you after all."

I approached her.

"Speaking of money, I was looking at this sofa set that I really want so if you could please lend me some-"

"He's not a bank Emmy", Rachel said as she rolled her eyes. "You save up for money just like everybody else."

"Or I could marry him", she said as she batted her eyes. 

I chuckled.

"This man here does not believe in marriage. Commitment means no freedom."

She pouted.

"Sorry to disappoint babe. Wait, don't you have that guy you're seeing?"

She let out a sigh.

"Yeah, I mean, he's nice in bed but, he doesn't make much. He's on the cheap side."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh, so you're saying he's better than me?"

"Am not!"

She slung her arms around my shoulders. I had to bend over so she could reach, I supported her with my arms around her waist.

"You know you're my favorite, I'm going to break up with him anyway."

Rachel let out a long sigh.

"Emmy, did you forget? You're on stage in like two minutes."

She jumped off of me.

"Oh shoot! See you up there Josh", she said as she ran off.

"So...how's Tyler doing", Rachel asked. "I heard about that whole thing that went down at headquarters."