Josh (Chapter 56)

I woke up early for work this morning. I'm usually not an early riser and I'm not sure why I got up early today, it's not like I'm in a rush.

 I sat up, reaching over to the coffee table to check the calendar on my phone.

"Tomorrow is thanksgiving already?"

I wondered what Amy was going to do tomorrow. I got off the couch to look for her. I could hear the shower running. After a few minutes, she came out with a towel wrapped around her.

"Hey Amy, I got a question for you."

"Yeah", she said as she dried her hair.

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

She shrugged.

"Not sure. Besides work that night, nothing really."

"The club will be closed tomorrow night."

"Oh, that's right, because of thanksgiving."

"Yeah. So I was thinking if you wanted to spend that time with me...well us. It's been sort of a tradition to have it at my mom's house. Tyler will be there too and I bet he'll bring Sarina. I just didn't want you to be alone."

She looked surprised at my invitation.

"Really? You sure your mom won't mind?"

"She would be super happy to have you over. She will be suspicious of me bringing a girl over but she will treat you kindly."

Her eyes shifted down to the floor.

"Hey, what's wrong? You don't have to go if you don't want to, I'll spend time with you."

She shook her head.

"It's just, I never had a family gathering before so I'm super happy about this...and nervous."

She threw her arms around me.

"Thank you so much Josh. This means so much to me!"

My hands came around her, lifting her up.

"Of course. Anything for you."

She parted a little to look at me, I was still holding her.

"What should I wear? What if she asks me about my job? Should I keep that a secret?"

"Whoa, don't worry. My mom is not judgemental. Just be yourself and be honest. As to what to wear, we can go shopping today."

"But you work today, don't you?"

"Yeah. If not, I can ask Sarina if she will go out shopping with you."

"Okay! I was hoping to spend some girl time."

"Perfect! I will let you know, okay?"

"Okay", she said cheerfully.