Javier (Chapter 65)

"Andy?"

"Andy?"

No response.

"Andy, it's okay. It's me...the one you stabbed. No hard feelings, I promise."

"I can't talk for long. I cut communication with everyone, they'll notice soon", he responded.

"I'll make it quick. What's going to happen?"

"I don't know. They didn't let me in on everything. All I know is, someone needs to get to that room where those two are. Quinn is on his way."

"What?!"

"He told me to tell him. He knows Masen knows too much. He's planning to kill him, and maybe her too."

"Shit!"

I ended my communications with him, quickly switching over to Tyer.

"Get over there now! Quinn knows where they are!"

"Damn it!"

"I'm on my way too, I'm closer!"

"No! You stay put."

"You don't tell me what to do this time, not when her life is in danger! The other officers can take over."

"Javier--"

I took off my headphones and leaped out of my seat. I was set up in the security camera room of the school. I was a few feet away from where the two of them were. When I rounded the corner, I locked eyes with him...Quinn. His hand was already on the doorknob.

"I wouldn't move any further", he warned.

"Don't lay a finger on them!"

"Oh, I won't. I promise", he said with a dark smile.

"Quinn! Don't move", Tyler shouted, his gun pointed at him.

"Good to see you Tyler. It's been a while, how have you been?"

"Shut your goddamn mouth and back away from the door!"

"Can't do that. It wasn't smart of you to use those who are so close to you."

He reached into his pocket to pull out a gun.

Is he crazy?! We can get a clean shot any moment!

I pulled out my gun.

"Stop!"

I looked at Tyler.

"Don't do anything", he said.

"Are you serious? It's the two of us against him!"

"I don't trust him. Comply for now."

I looked back at Quinn, he didn't look scared at all.

Tyler has a point. We don't know what he has up his sleeve, us going in after him could put Sarina and Masen at risk.

"Good boss you have there", Quinn said.

He pointed his gun at the knob and fired, unlocking the door. It slowly opened up.

"Now Masen!"