Tyler (Chapter 19)

"Hello sir, nice to see you early this morning."

"Get the hell out of my seat."

I set my stuff down on my desk, waiting for Josh to move out of my chair.

"And you woke up on the wrong side of the bed like usual."

"No I didn't. I just like things to be the way they are when I first come to work."

He stood up.

"And that's your problem. You are so stuck in doing the same thing."

I sat down.

"There's nothing wrong with that."

"There's a lot wrong. It's boring."

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. Anyway, any updates? I heard we got more members turning themselves in."

"I know, it's crazy they actually want to be incarcerated."

"Can you blame them though? Cosen is going after them, left and right. They rather be locked up and alive than dead out on the streets", I said.

"Well, looks like we will finally have what we've worked hard for. A dramatic decrease in crime", he said.

"Numbers are a record low. It would be great to celebrate but, the numbers aren't dwindling down for a good reason. We recently discovered that Cosen operates over the deep web."

"At least we tracked the person who created that chat room where people were hiring people to kill their bosses, coworkers or pretty much anyone they had beef with", he said.

"It's disgusting. I'm glad we put a close to that site. We need more information about him, we just have a name but no location."

"Did you look him up", he asked.

"Yeah and...I'm surprised, it doesn't look like he was hiding. He goes by the name Quinn."

"Quinn?"

"Yeah. Not sure if that's his real name or some username, no last name. I'm sure they tried to get his real name but he just refused. Since they don't know his real name, they can't find a record on him except for what he was already arrested for. Nothing about his family either."

"How did he end up in prison?"

"First degree murder. Was sentenced to death at the age of 15, the youngest in the state but his sentence was reduced to life due to his age and then he was let go."

"Let go?!"

"Yeah, I don't see any documents about it. No reasoning or anything like that."

"That makes no sense. They just let go of a murder?"