Tyler (Chapter 47)

I took glances at the time on my computer as people filed in. I had called for a meeting, I felt like it was time for one. It was just a meeting with my team.

"What, no snacks? What a lame meeting", Josh complained.

"Just sit down", I said.

Remmy and Miles took their seats and then Javier was the last to arrive, taking his seat as well.

"I'll start off by saying, I called for a meeting because it's been a while and we need updates on the case as well as how to go about it. Captain Bells is requesting we give him an answer soon."

"I think what we can do now is track down who we can and then go from that", Remmy said.

"The interrogations are still going on, some are spilling some information but of course, it's not what we need", Miles said.

"We do have to address the obvious elephant in the room. Once we encounter Cosen again, Andy is sure to be there. How do we treat him", Josh asked.

"Just like the rest of the members, we know now how is", I said.

"Are you sure about that, he's—"

"I can't let my personal feelings get in the way of what I'm supposed to do. I did that this entire time, ignoring the possibilities. I thought he was the same, but he's not and he is a danger to the public. My job is to protect and serve...even if that means...facing my own brother and putting an end to him."

Suddenly my office door burst open. We all stood up on alert.

"Grace", Javier said.

She had tears running down her face.

"You'll just kill him? Your own brother? How dare you!"

"What are you doing here?"

An officer ran over after hearing the commotion.

"I'm sorry sir, she said she was here to see you, I didn't know you never sent for her", the officer said.

"He's not a bad person! How many times do I have to say that?!"

"Look at what he did to Javier!"

"There...there has to be an explanation for that. They force him to do things he doesn't want to do!"

"We don't know if he was forced or not. He is part of a dangerous group and anyone part of that group will be treated as an enemy of the United States!"

"You're so heartless!"

I stopped talking.

Who the hell does she think she's talking to?

"What did you say", I said through my teeth.

She marched over to my desk, Javi quickly came over to her, holding her back from behind.