Sarina (Chapter 38)

"Isn't it time for you to go", I asked Javi.

"Oh, yeah. It sucks I can't hang out longer."

"I know but you're all important now. I'm glad you were able to be here anyway."

"Same here", he said.

He brought me in again to kiss me one more time.

"I'll walk you to the door", I said.

I took his hand, guiding him past the people as if he would get lost. I'm more likely the one to get lost with my poor sense of direction. Luckily Tyler's house isn't a maze.

"See you around Maxine", he said.

"Same to you Hernandez", I said and then gave him a big hug before he left. I watched him from the door as he got into his car and then he drove off.

Suddenly, I caught a whiff of smoke, it made me cough as it blew in my direction. I turned my head to see who was smoking so close to the door. I was about to say something when I found out who the person was.

"Tyler?"

He didn't look at me when I called his name.

I closed the door so more smoke wouldn't go into the house.

"I didn't know you were here, when did you get here?"

"A while ago", he said.

That cigarette was done, and he started a new one.

"You know smoking is like, super bad for you", I said.

"Yeah", he said in a flat tone.

I gave him a look.

"What's your problem? You are supposed to be having fun."

He didn't say anything, he just moved the cigarette up to his lips followed by the lighter. Without thinking I quickly reached up, snatching the cigarette from his fingers.

He did not like that.

"What the hell", he said.

"I asked what's wrong with you, you're just standing there ignoring me."

"I had a long day, now give that back."

"Was that hard for you to say?"

"Give that back", he warned.

"No, this isn't good for you and...I can smell you already had a few drinks. I don't know much about that stuff but...it can't be good to have both."

"It's none of your business now get lost!"

I felt my heart beating faster as well as my breathing. I was mad. My hand darted up, snatching his lighter before turning around to walk away.

"What the—"