Tyler (Chapter 52)🔞

🔞*Warning! This chapter may be triggering to readers

🔞*Warning! This chapter may be triggering to readers. It mentions the topic of PTSD and panic attacks as well as some graphic content (blood).*🔞

Enjoy~

"Make sure everything is marked and numbered before taking pictures. Do not contaminate the crime scene", I said to the newer officers.

I walked around, making sure everyone was doing their part correctly. We could not afford to mess anything up. I also just wanted to make sure my mind stayed on task and not take in the reality of this situation. I could feel I was slipping. There was no way I couldn't notice this tragedy. It's one of the worst out of all the years I've been an officer.

There are bodies everywhere, mostly Cosen's men but also innocent victims. Some areas were worse than others. As I continued walking, I got closer to a scene that looked horrendous.

"Officer Hanson, could you take a look to see if we're doing this right? It's so bloody, it makes it hard to see anything. There are so many bullet fragments here. Is it okay to move the bodies out of the way because for sure there are some fragments under them that we need to take a picture of", an officer asked.

I didn't answer right away. My eyes were glued to the scene in front of me. I could tell these were mostly Cosen't men but it wasn't them that bothered me, it was the blood, so much of it...and the smell of it too.

I finally replied to the officer but my eyes stayed affixed to the scene.

"Just...take the pictures of everything as they are before moving anything...I'll send an experienced forensic specialist to oversee you all", I said, trying so hard to keep it together.

The smell of iron was filling up my nose, it was pungent.

Many newbies get sick easily from seeing things like that. I was starting to feel it but not because I was grossed out. Ever since the murder of my parents, the sight and smell of lots of blood as well as the sight of a similar scene makes me feel very nauseous.

I need to get out of here.

I quickly turned around, taking deep breaths as I walked to try to control the nausea I was feeling. I quickly walked to the nearest exit, picking up the pace as I got closer to the door. There were officers and other crime scene staff out here. I could hear someone try to get my attention but I ignored them. I had to leave.

"Tyler!"

It was Josh's voice, I still didn't stop nor did I turn around to look at him. I made it far away from the mall and across the street. I stopped behind a police car and crouched down to stay out of sight.

I closed my eyes and tried to take deep breaths, hoping to avoid what I'm feeling but that didn't work. I couldn't get the smell out of my nose and the sight from out of my head.