Tyler (Chapter 68)

My eyes fluttered open. I could feel fingers massaging my head.

"Am I hurting you?"

"No."

"Do you want me to keep going?"

I turned my head to look at her.

I know where I am, I hate that I ended up here. I felt upset I couldn't control myself but I don't care. What happened was out of my control and that's okay. I'll be okay because she's here, she's safe.

"How long have I been here?"

"A few hours. It's nighttime now, you needed to rest. Are you feeling better?"

"Yes."

"Good. Masen was so worried about you."

"Is he okay? He got hurt."

"Yes, it was just a graze. He's fine. He was so brave back there."

"Yeah, he was. Braver than me."

"Everyone's brave in their own way. He wanted to protect me because you showed him he could do it. You helped him build his confidence. He's everything to you, isn't he", she said with a smile.

"Yeah. I guess I freaked out about something going terribly wrong. You know how my thoughts are, they just get out of control. When everything settled, I just lost it despite everything turning out better than we planned."

"A lot was going on. Don't beat yourself up about it, okay? Everyone is okay and you have Quinn."

"Yeah, finally."

She stood up.

"Well, I should go so you can sleep some more. I'll come visit in the--"

"No."

"No?"

My hand came up to take hers.

"Why are you leaving", I asked as I pulled her down to me.

"Tyler...I...I just want you to sleep, you must still be tired."

"Yeah but I don't want to be alone."

She was forced to place her arm down onto the other side of the bed to stop from falling on me as I continue to pull her towards myself.

"I can't lay on you Tyler. I'm not light."

"No adult is."

She gave me a look.

"No, you're supposed to say...Sarina, don't say that, you're definitely light to me", she said trying to mimic my voice.

I couldn't help but laugh, that surprised her. I don't think I ever laughed around her.

"What", I said.