Sarina (Chapter 29)

It's early in the morning, my parents left for work about an hour ago leaving me alone. I didn't have anything planned today, I guess I'm staying in, maybe I'll sleep the day away. My mood has been off ever since I talked to Javi. He really made me mad that day, acting like I was in the wrong. He's not my dad or anything, I don't get why he's so protective lately. I mean, I do get it but still, he really needs to lay off. He's off doing something amazing and so is Grace, I want to be a part of something too. If it's to be there for Tyler and help him, then that's what I'll do. If anything does happen, Tyler will protect me and so will the rest of the officers. They aren't weak, they were taken off guard by Cosen.

Right now, I just feel like we need a break from each other. He must be under a lot of stress because of what he's hearing about what's happening here and not being able to do anything about it. I will be attending his graduation of course so I'll see him then.

To clear my head, I went back up to my room after I finished eating breakfast my mom made for me before she went to work. I laid down on my bed and then grabbed my phone.

I saw I had a message; it was from Tyler.

[Tyler] "Are you home right now? I can come over if you are."

I saw the time he sent it, about 30 minutes ago.

"Oh shoot", I said.

I quickly texted him back

[Me] "Yes I'm home. I'm sorry, I just saw your text."

He wouldn't be waiting outside all this time, would he?

I raced out of my room and downstairs. I looked through the door window to see a car in our driveway.

"Aw man!"

I opened the door, he really did come here just to wait.

I approached his car and knocked on his window, he looked at me and then opened the door.

"How long have you been waiting", I asked.

"A while", he said.

"Tyler, just call me or something. I didn't have my phone next to me all the time, or you could have knocked."

"I didn't want to startle you."

Good point since I wasn't expecting anyone.

"Well, come inside. My parents are at work so they won't be back for a while."

He followed me inside.

"Isn't it wrong for you to invite a man inside your house when your parents are away?"

"Yes and no. You are a police officer, here to serve and protect me. That's all, right? Unless you have other intentions."

He scoffed.