Josh (Chapter 61)

"Achoo!"

"Are you okay? Are you getting sick", Amy asked.

"Damn it! Yeah, I think so", I said in a groggy voice.

"Maybe it's best for you to stay home today. Even at work some of the girls had to take off because they were sick too."

"I wish I could but we have a very important meeting today."

She looked sad.

"Don't worry babe, I'll be okay."

"If you say so. Just drink lots of fluids and no smoking or drinking. Only healthy stuff. I'll send you over some tea and soup later."

"You're the best."

"It's the least I can do after everything you've done for me."

We were in my bedroom, I was finishing up getting dressed.

"Me calling you babe doesn't bother you, right?"

"Nope, not at all. I like it", she said with a smile.

I've been calling her that for a while now, it just comes out naturally for me. I say that to other women too but to me, the meaning of it is different. She's definitely a babe and special to me.

"That's good to hear. I just want to make sure I always make you feel comfortable."

"You always do Josh, why would you worry about that?"

I turned from the mirror to look at her.

"I don't know. I--I just never felt this way about anyone before so I just want to make sure I don't mess up."

"What do you mean?"

Ah shit! I can't bring this up now, I need to set a proper time so I can talk to her.

"I uh...I'll talk about it some other time, okay?"

"Oh, okay."

"I have to go, see you later", I said with a wink.

"See you."

The drive to work took a bit longer than usual since we got a terrible snowstorm. The roads were still bad so I had to take my time driving. I hate the snow. I really do take after my mom, I feel like I only belong in the tropics. I have no idea why in the world she moved up here.

"Hey, sorry I'm late", I apologized to Tyler and everyone.

"That's okay. I know the roads are shitty."

"Ugh, tell me about it. I was sliding all over the place", Remmy said.

"I hope there are no emergencies where we have to go chasing after somebody", Miles said.