Tyler (Chapter 17) 🔞

🔞Trigger Warning/Graphic Content🔞

This chapter contains sensitive content such as suicide that may be triggering to some as well as blood. There is also mention of PTSD, anxiety and panic attack disorder. I marked off where the sensitive content starts and ends if you would like to skip it.

"Aw man...I got so messed up last night", Josh groaned.

"Just don't puke on my floor or couch", I said as I stayed focused on what I was doing.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna mess up your...precious office."

Our newest informant, Marco, has been a great help. We found out he got in contact with Cosen, one of the top members, a sub boss, one who works directly under the crime boss. While this is big news for us, this also ups the level of danger for Marco. So far we've kept him hidden and nothing has come up but we don't know how long that'll last. He said he saw the sub boss but does not know his name or where he lives. We tried running a search to see if he could recognize his faces but none of our suspects on our database was familiar to him. He might be in the same position as the crime boss, hard to catch. There can be a number of reasons why, my guess, he "doesn't exist".

"Hey...hey, hey, check this out", Josh said.

"What?"

He stumbled over to me, shoving his phone in my face. I looked to see it was a live news report of a hostage situation in a neighboring city, about 20 minutes away from here.

"When did this start", I asked.

"I don't know. I think like just now. They said some guy barged into the home of this couple and he's not letting them leave. They don't know why yet."

"How are the other officers handling it?"

"Nothing they can do right now. They are just getting set up."

This isn't my issue to deal with but, I feel like I should head over as this could be connected to the Cosen case. 20 minutes is a long time, anything can happen.

"You stay here, let the captain know where I am."

"You're going by yourself?"

"You're obviously in no shape to go, Remmy and Miles are busy doing their own thing."

"Okay...gotcha. Be safe."

"Like always."

I quickly headed out, I hope I can make it in time.

~

20 minutes later...

I arrived on the scene to see nothing's changed. That's good and bad. The hostages are still inside, but no news of them getting hurt or worse.