Sarina (Chapter 57)

"It feels like forever ago since we had girl time", Grace said happily.

"I don't recall ever doing something like this", Amy said.

"Really?!"

"I didn't have any friends."

"What? Why? I don't know you that well but to me you're awesome!"

Amy chuckled.

"Thanks Grace, you are too. I just had a shitty life. I'm happy it's over though. I don't miss my family in Korea, if I can actually call them that."

"That sucks, but you have us now. We are your true family", Grace said.

"Yes, so you have nothing to worry about. You will have lots of fun today Amy", I said.

"Thank you so much girls! Now, what should I wear? I have no idea, should I be more conservative, or casual, definitely not showy."

Grace bumped her with her shoulder.

"The only reason I can think of as to why you're stressing out about this is because you want to impress his mom."

Amy became flustered, her face quickly turning pink. 

"What?! No! I-I just want her to see I mean respect. Josh is a great guy, I want her to know he hangs around nice people."

"So you don't like Josh", I investigated. 

"I-I mean...yeah but you know him...he doesn't do relationships so..."

"I think you should ask him. Us girls need to make the first move too", Grace said.

"Well...I told him I'm off-limits when it comes to sex stuff. Just some bad stuff happened in my past and I don't feel comfortable doing that."

"Well that doesn't mean you can't have a relationship", I said.

"Yeah, that's true", Grace said.

"I know but, I can't deprive him of that...I would feel awful. Besides, he's done so much for me when he didn't have to. I just appreciate him letting me stay with him. I'm happy with that, I don't want to push it by telling him about my feelings. Maybe what I feel is just some hero thing, like he took me in and protected me so naturally, I started falling for him. As time passes by, my feelings for him will most likely go away."

"I understand. I had that same thought too."

We spotted a store that had fall-style clothes, so we went in to check it out.

"Really", Amy said.

"Yeah...you probably could guess that I sort of like Tyler."

"Sort of? Girl, you really like him, you passed up Javi."