Sarina (Chapter 78)

"Hello, are you all here for Josh", a nurse came over to ask.

"Yes", Amy answered.

"Great, it looks like he's finally coming to now from his second operation. He's still a bit groggy so I would give him a bit more time before he can see more visitors. His mother wanted me to tell you all."

"Thank you! We can see him whenever, it's best he spend some time with his mom for now", Amy said.

"Of course", the nurse said and then left.

Amy looked relieved. Today is day three since Josh has been at the hospital. When we heard what happened, we all rushed over.

"I'm glad he's awake, had me worried", Javi said.

"Yeah, he had us all worried. I really hope his injuries aren't permanent. I know how active Josh likes to be", I said sadly.

"I know. It would devastate him if he couldn't do the things he enjoys", Amy said.

"I believe in positive energy. If he keeps a positive attitude, I'm sure he will recover well and will be his old self again", Remmy said.

"I believe that too. We all will support him. It will be a rough and long recovery, he will have some ups and downs but having people who care about him cheering him on will make a big difference", Miles said.

I looked over at Masen, he's been quiet for a while.

"Hey Masen, don't worry. Once you see Josh you'll feel better that he's okay", I said with a smile.

"Yeah..."

Poor kid couldn't sleep since he heard the bad news. Even worse Tyler's been gone. I visited him once at his office, he just made himself busy with work. Drowning out everything that happened. I've sent him text messages on Josh's progress, but he doesn't answer. It's like he doesn't want to be part of this reality.

I don't blame him, he almost lost his friend, his brother. He just needs some time so we are all giving him some space.

"So, where are you going to go Amy? Have you decided?", Remmy asked.

"It hasn't been on my mind. I'm glad I'm naturally very observant, I just knew something was off when I went home. It was crazy that one of Cosen's guys was waiting for me at Josh's house. I just don't want to put any one of your families at risk for staying over. It's best if I stay somewhere on my own, with officers protecting me of course."

"We will make sure those officers are trustworthy", Miles said.

"Guys I'll be right back, I'm going to get some more hot chocolate", I said.

I made my way over to the hospital cafeteria. With my drink in hand, I started heading back.

I stopped when I saw a certain person.

"Tyler?"

He looked my way when he heard me call for him. I was surprised to see him here. I quickly walked over to him.

"So...Josh is up", he asked.

"Yes, the nurse said for him to take it easy for now. His mom is with him so we are waiting until he's ready to see more people."

"I see."

He looks exhausted, bags formed under his eyes.

"How have you been holding up", I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay I guess."

"Were you planning to visit Josh today too?"

"I don't know. I don't know if I can..."

"Of course you can. I'll help you. I'm sure he wants to see you. He's worried about you too, he knows how hard you are on yourself."

"Yeah..."

"Come join us in the waiting room. I don't want you to be alone."

I took his hand, leading him over to the others.

"Tyler", Masen shouted happily.

He ran over to give Tyler a hug.

"Hey. Sorry I wasn't responding to you I just-"

Masen quickly shook his head.

"No need to say sorry. I should have known you needed some time for yourself. I just hope you are okay, I know you're not but..."

"I'm feeling a lot of things right now but you don't have to worry about me, okay?"

"Okay", he said with a small smile. 

Masen went back to his seat, satisfied to know Tyler was okay. Tyler took a seat next to me. He was quiet while the rest of us had some small talk to pass the time.

"Josh would like to see everyone."

We looked up from our conversation, it was his mom.

"Are you sure? We want you two to have as much time as you want. We can always come another day", Remmy said.

"I've been here long enough. I need some rest myself."

Tyler stood up, his eyes were full of sorrow.

"I-I'm sorry--"

"Now don't start that with me Tyler. Stop blaming yourself again, were you able to see the future", she snapped.

Tyler shook his head.

"No, ma'am."

"Josh is hot-headed, he can be reckless but he went into this with good intentions. There was no way the both of you could have seen this coming. Don't waste your time feeling sorry for Josh and stop thinking about how this could have been prevented. Josh will pull through just fine."

"Yes ma'am."

"Now, I'll be on my way. Thank you again for the hotel stay. Its unfortunate home isn't safe right now but I know it isn't for long."

"I'll make sure you'll be able to go back home soon."

She gave Tyler a hug and then me before saying bye to everyone and then leaving.

"Well, should we go visit him", Javi asked.

"Yes", Remmy said.

"You all go ahead first, I would like to see him alone", Tyler said.

"We won't take too long", Remmy said with a smile.

We made sure not to take too long so Tyler could spend some time with Josh. It was good to see he was okay. Even though he's in rough shape, he's still the same old Josh. His only complaint was that they had to shave his hair. I know how much his hair meant to him.

Everyone else had already gone, it was just Tyler and I.

"Don't go", Tyler said quietly.

He stood at the door to Josh's room, frozen in place, scared to open it.

"It's okay, he's waiting for you", I said.

"I-I just..."

"I know you. I know you're feeling guilty and you can't shake it off right now but I think the first step is to see him. Talk it out with him. I know he's angry, frustrated, and scared too. Right now, he needs his best friend."

Tyler looked up at me.

I took his hand and smiled. With my other hand, I opened the door for him.

"You can tell me how it went later, okay?"

He nodded.

I let go of his hand and started walking. When I turned back the door closed.

I continued on my way home.