Tyler (Chapter 25)

I rolled over in bed, pulling the sheets along with me as it felt unusually comfortable. I've been working so hard that I forgot what it felt like to sleep in my bed. It's a waste of money to not enjoy it. Today is one of those days when I don't want to leave, I also don't feel good.

I have a hangover.

Josh is the reason for that.

I slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Ah...", I winced as I held my head.

I have a bad headache. At least I don't feel sick, well not yet.

I moved the covers off of me and then swung my legs over the edge of my bed. I was still dressed from last night. I must have passed out or something, makes sense. A hot shower will wake me up.

I spent a long time letting the water relax my body. Since I don't remember where I'm supposed to be this morning, I wasn't in a rush to leave.

I put on some sweatpants and then headed towards the kitchen.

My eyes were still adjusting. Suddenly I felt something crash into me. I quickly reached for my belt for a weapon but forgot I wasn't in uniform. Good thing because I forgot she was here.

"Sarina?"

"Tyler. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

I rubbed my head, really trying hard to remember why she's here. I looked at her up and down to see she was still in her dress.

"You were here all night?"

"Y-Yes. Sorry, I was going to tell you. I didn't know what to do. I had left my money home so I couldn't call for a taxi after I drove you home."

That's right, she drove my car since I was drunk which left her stranded here.

"Where did you sleep?"

"On the couch. It's quite comfortable actually."

I looked over to see she made herself at home there.

I sighed.

"You could have...woke me up or something. I could have called for a taxi or at least told you about the guest bedroom."

"It's okay Tyler. I wasn't a planned guest."

"Yeah...but still—"

Now I was feeling the hangover even more now.

"Are you okay", she asked.

"Just...stay right there."

A few minutes later I emerged from the bathroom. False alarm. Still, I was feeling awful.

I headed back to the living room where Sarina was waiting.

"Do you need me to bring you food?"

I sat down before saying anything.