Tyler (Chapter 11)

One week later...

Ever since captain Bells assigned me as the leader of this case, I've been at it since day one. I've literally been working on this all day and night with a little sleep here and there, just getting by on coffee and quick food I could heat up in the microwave. I've been doing whatever I could to use my time wisely.

It's paying off. Everyone has been doing their part and sending all of the information to me. I've been piecing everything together bit by bit but it hasn't been easy. You think you're getting close but all of a sudden a new piece of material comes in a throws a curveball at all the work you made progress in. 

My papers were scattered everywhere. It looks like a mess to others but not to me, it's my own way of organization. I'm a visual person and so I need to see my clues all laid out in front of me. As I pace the floor, my mind starts coming up with ideas and theories on the spot. That's how I work and that's how I became one of the top detectives in the state.

Today I called for a meeting in my office. It'll just be the usual, Remmy, Miles and Josh. It's easier than talking to the entire department as everyone can't take off at the same time. The three are in charge of sharing this information with everyone else by hosting multiple meetings during different times of the day. Officers and staff who are available will attend at any time that's best for them so they can listen to the information as well as share what they know. It was Josh's idea, he doesn't want too much on my plate. While he acts dumb for the most part, he's really smart. Not book smart like me as he hate reading and words of any kind, unless it's a text from a woman. He's always been great at analyzing information and while out working, he can quickly mold to his environment. He's my right-hand man, he's always been since we were little.

"We're here, just in case you didn't hear us walk in", Josh said.

"Still working I see", Remmy said.

"Tyler, when was the last time you slept", Josh asked.

"I don't know", I said while looking down at the papers.

"How about you step away from the papers so you can tell us why you asked us to be here", Remmy said.

"I agree. I have some more interrogations to do", Miles said.

"Seriously? You've been at that for days", Josh said.

"You know who you're talking to. He's the beast, the demon of the department. Scaring souls into speaking the truth", Remmy said.

Miles chuckled.

"I wouldn't go that far Remmy."

I finally looked up at them.

"Okay, I'll start. First I-"

As I took a step forward, I almost lost my footing as a sudden wave of dizziness hit me.