Grace (Chapter 48)

Attention passengers, we will be landing shortly so please fasten your seatbelts. Welcome to New York.

I looked out the window, we are just seconds away from touching down. It was the last flight of the night to New York, I'm glad I was lucky enough someone canceled so I could get on.

Once the plane was parked at the gate, everyone started getting their things and then started lining up to head off the plane. I had nothing with me, I didn't need anything. I made one last stop at my parent's house before I left, I had to see them. What I'm doing is super dangerous but I have to see Andy. I'm being so reckless, I'm risking my life but so is Andy. So I said good-bye to my family and then I was off. They kept on asking where I was going but I couldn't tell them, I don't want them to worry about me even though my behavior gave them a scare.

Right now I want to find Andy and pray he is okay. Who knows what they've been doing to him lately.

As soon as I got off the plane I made my way downstairs to the baggage claims and then I exited the airport. I hailed a taxi and told him to take me to the place Andy and I always met up (not exactly in those words, but you know what I mean). The taxi driver looked at me like I was crazy because it was so dark and late at night, too dangerous for a pretty girl like me to be out alone he said. I told him I am tougher than I look.

Once he dropped me off after paying him, I took a look around. There wasn't anyone here. I knew I couldn't stay out here so I started walking around to find a hotel. I didn't dress the way I usually do, I just had sweatpants on and a hoodie which I kept over my head to conceal my appearance. The hotel I found wasn't too far away as well as not booked up. I paid in cash for my room and was handed a key. As soon as I got inside I looked at the door, placing the extra lock on there too. Andy's advice stuck with me.

I was all alone, just me and some money to make it out here as long as I could until I found Andy. I don't know what's going on back home, I'm not sure if my parents alerted the police. I know Javi will find out and then Sarina. I don't have my phone on me, I left it on purpose. I hate to worry people but I have to do this. If I'm the only one on Andy's side, I want to show him that.

~

Morning came as I slept well. I was so tired from yesterday and from the flight. As much as I wanted to sleep in, I couldn't, I had a job to do. I washed up with the free items provided by the hotel and then I was off. I went to our meeting spot and took a seat on the bench. The odds of Andy finding me are really slim. I don't know if he can go out anymore but I pray he's able to still.

Hours ticked by, I was starving but I was too scared to leave to get food, risking I miss Andy. So I kept waiting. It was cold out here, the sun was now starting to set. I was feeling hopeless, there was no way we'll see each other again. I wish I had some way to tell him I'm here.