Sarina (Chapter 10)

When morning came, I made sure I got up earlier enough to sneak Javi out before my parents suspected anything. It was nice having him over to sleep with for the night. It worries me about the predicament he's in. Yes, he's not really involved as long as he doesn't say anything but I know that's not him. I was also raised to do the right thing like Javi but I think even my parents would tell me not to say anything. The possibility of having someone come after you is frightening.

I have quite a bit of time to think it over. I'm still grounded, even though my parents didn't call it that because I'm not some little kid. They just said I need to stay home and think about my actions. I didn't argue with them, they would put me on house arrest if I got into detail about what the party entailed. I'm not mad though. It was out of character for me to do what I did but I don't regret it.

While on my adult grounding, I decided to make some use of it. I applied for some jobs nearby. I can't just sit on my butt waiting for a sign of what I should do with my life. I just need to dive in and gain some experience.

My phone started ringing, snatching me out of my deep thoughts. I rolled over in bed to reach out for it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Sarina Maxine?"

"Yes."

"Great, I'm just calling back from the Tropic Smoothie Shack, we reviewed your resume and would like for you to come in for an interview."

"Really? Okay! When can I come over?"

"If you're free right now that will be great."

"Okay...wait just one moment."

I jumped out of bed and rushed downstairs to my parents.

"Guys I got a job interview, they want me to come in! Here, if you don't believe me", I said as I shoved the phone in mom's hands.

"Sarina...what? Hello...uh...yes...oh that's great! Yes...she can come in now, okay. Yep, bye."

"Sarina, why did you do that", dad said.

"You guys would not have believed me. I was not going to let this opportunity pass. So, am I officially done with house arrest?"

"This is not house arrest Sarina. Fine, you are free to go, I can see you've learned your lesson. Stay safe, okay", mom said.

"Yes, I will", I said with a big smile on my face.

I rushed up to my room to get changed and then I was out the door. I really would like to use the car but my parents are by the book. They won't let me drive alone with my temps. I have an appointment to take my road test soon though. After that, I plan on saving up to buy my first car. My parents are not the type to buy kids whatever they want, let alone a car. That's okay with me though. I feel like buying something like a car should be my responsibility. I definitely will feel proud to have done that all on my own.