Sarina (Chapter 66)

A few minutes before...

"It's Javi and Tyler...Quinn, that name...he's one of the leaders. He's dangerous", I whispered.

"What? Why is he here? How did he know where we were", Masen whispered back.

He was scared. So was I but I had to stay strong for the both of us.

"I don't know. We just have to act quickly."

Suddenly we heard a loud sound.

Masen quickly pointed the gun at the door.

"He shot it open", he said. "Get behind me."

I quickly got behind him. I could see he was shaking. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"It's okay. You're doing a great job. Just focus. You know what to do."

He nodded.

"Now Masen", Tyler shouted.

Our eyes locked onto Quinn. His gun aimed right at us, but not for long. As soon as Masen had a clear shot, he fired.

Quinn turned to the side, clutching his shoulder.

"You got him!"

"Ah!"

I looked at Masen. He got shot too, they must have done so at the same time.

"Are you okay?"

Masen remained strong. His gun was still aimed up high.

"I'm fine, just a graze."

"Move an inch and I'll blow your head right off", Tyler threatened.

Quinn suddenly started laughing.

"What the hell is so funny", Javi said.

"Nothing. I missed a kid and he got me right in the arm. You're a good shot kid. Wanna join us?"

"He's not joining you", Tyler said.

Quinn had no fear in his eyes, only interest.

"Oh, but you were once part of a gang. This time around you'll be living the life", Quinn said.

"I'm not getting involved in that ever again!"

"How does it feel holding a gun again, hm? Feels good to get your hands dirty, right? You've done some things, dark things that you can never erase no matter how much you do that's right. You are like me Masen. I can see me in you."

"Shut up!"

He laughed again.

"Feisty kid aren't you? I can't see why Tyler took you under his wing...and you...beautiful girl."

"Don't talk to her", Javi said through his teeth.

"I can show you a great time. Show you the life in New York. If Andy wasn't so secretive of your friend Grace I think...you two could be with us. You can have it all."

"I said enough", Javi shouted.

Quinn chuckled.

"Okay, okay. I surrender. You got me", Quinn said as he raised his hands.

Tyler quickly moved in to place cuffs on him.

"We got Quinn", he said over his earpiece.

Masen finally relaxed.

"Good job", Tyler told him.