Sarina (Chapter 5)

Summer break is going well...I guess. It still feels weird to know that after this break is over, there will be no school to go back to, unless you're going to college which I did not sign up for just yet. l thought about just signing up for classes just to see what college life is like but maybe time away from school might do me some good.

Right now l want to enjoy my summer vacation, that's why I'm going out with Javi to get some ice cream. Since he was paying, I would be a fool to say no. I was waiting outside my house since he was picking me up. I watched Javi pull up into my driveway and then I let myself inside, taking a seat on the passenger side.

I reached over to give him a hug followed by a kiss on the cheek. He did the same to me.

"I need you to drive me around more often, it's so fancy in here", I said.

He backed out of the driveway and headed off.

"You know I hate driving this thing. My parents couldn't get me a used car like everyone else my age. This is the type of attention I don't like."

"I know. You poor rich Latino", I teased

He laughed.

"Oh come on, stop picking on me. At least I get to look good with a beautiful chocolate girl by my side."

I gave him a look.

"I'm not all that Javi. I mean look at me...I'm not even dressed cute or anything. It's just one of the many sweatshirts I own that's all the same but in different colors", I said as I tugged on my shirt.

"Sarina, you are. You just...I don't know...you need a confidence boost or something. Look at yourself in the mirror more. I'm not attracted to any girl, I wouldn't call someone pretty if I didn't think so."

"So you would call them ugly."

"What? No! No way, they would kill me!"

I laughed.

"Sarina don't be like that to me", he said sadly.

"You know I have to mess with you, if I don't then something could be wrong."

"That's true."

We pulled up to the ice cream shop.

After we ordered what we wanted we walked to a small park across the street.

"Is it okay to leave your car over there", I asked with a concerned tone.

"Yeah. If it gets stolen, they can track it down or something. I honestly don't care"