Tyler (Chapter 30)

Things have been pretty quiet at the police station and the with Cosen case. We haven't been getting a lot of leads like we want. They must be taking some time to come up with something big. After what they did to us, laying low is the only option for them. We've connected with the NYPD, sharing any information we had on Cosen as well as alerting them that one of their members, Quinn is living there. We aren't sure if the rest of Cosen is there but at least the NYPD can be on the lookout for any unusual activity. So far, they did not run into any major incidents from them, pretty much everything has been happening in Greenwaters. We are just missing a motive, why is Greenwaters their primary target?

Along with the NYPD, we have made contact with other police departments in other states, asking them if they had any activity from Cosen since according to Quinn, they are located everywhere. Some of the states heard the name amongst other gangs but no activity.

In the meantime, I looked up more info on Quinn. I went further, getting in contact with the inmates that were his partner who was also serving life in prison. Some had already been executed, others died in prison. Of course, the one remaining refused to talk unless I made a deal with him, to get him off of life which I wasn't going to do. He would be of no help in the case of his family's murder since Quinn was never caught for the murder. 

I did get information on his family's murder. His real name is Christopher Dupont. He was born and raised in East River, Maine. His parents were well off, he also had an older brother. Quinn confessed he committed the murder when he was only 12 years old. I sent forensics to the home, and they did discover the bodies of his family, only their bones remained. He had buried them in the backyard, he made it hard for anyone to notice they were buried back there. It was a horrific murder. He tortured them before they died. It was difficult to tell everything that went on since only their bones remained but their skulls showed enough evidence of what happened. They were shot multiple times in the head, only their head as if he was fixated on that spot. It's hard to believe a 12-year-old did that. He did say his family never accepted him because he was different. My guess is they weren't happy about his unusual behaviors but they couldn't expose him to the public because of their image. While I have to agree to hide your child just because they have issues is wrong, I believe his view of their dislike for him was delusional. It might not have been that bad in reality but who knows. We'll never find out. 

The family traveled often so when their disappearance was known, people thought they had died during their travels such as maybe in a plane crash since they owned a private plane. That plane was nowhere to be found after the murder. No one questioned what happened to Quinn because his parents never put him in the spotlight. The public barely knew who he was and so when his family disappeared, he "died" along with them. 

This lead me to question why his name didn't alert anyone. For sure if a child everyone thought was dead came back alive, it would make news but it didn't. Something happened, someone kept this case quiet on purpose but who and why? Someone who knew Quinn as a kid probably. That makes his case much more difficult. At least we can finally close the Dupont case and put them to proper rest. Looking more into the case isn't a priority right now. I will make a note of it in the future by investigating the staff and warden at East River State Prison. It's no surprise there's corruption over there.